Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"It's easy," Williams said. "The triangle is just motion, getting everybody touching the ball, keeping the ball and people moving, isolating some people. At the same time, we don't have to run it all the time. We're looking to push the ball."

This really gets me pumped....understanding the triangle before and after getting on the floor with the other Bulls was something Artest had a problem with.....Williams seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of at least artest, mentally....GO BULLS!!!:love:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Knowing the motion of the triangle is probably the easy part.

The harder part is identifying what option to use.

I doubt it would be very hard for Williams, but the concept really isn't that complicated. The difficulty is doing it on the floor with 4 other guys while playing against top competition.

Basically what I am saying it, lets see him do it, rather than hear him talking about it.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
Knowing the motion of the triangle is probably the easy part.

The harder part is identifying what option to use.

I doubt it would be very hard for Williams, but the concept really isn't that complicated. The difficulty is doing it on the floor with 4 other guys while playing against top competition.

Basically what I am saying it, lets see him do it, rather than hear him talking about it.
Well, we can't see him do it until they play.... All we have right now is his word :yes:

Go Bulls!

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Exactly. And those words really aren't worth much. Just because they are all you have does not make them worthy of anything.

You expect he is going to say that the triangle is too hard for him?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Well, yeah. I expect him to tell the truth..... Summers are long and boring, words can make you get excited.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
The NBA is a business and "Jay" Williams knows it better than most. Expecting the truth is probably expecting too much. i am not saying he is lying but he already knows the game, hence the name change.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pessimistics....make my azz wanna bark!

Originally posted by KC
Well, yeah. I expect him to tell the truth..... Summers are long and boring, words can make you get excited.
while those who are down on nearly every good thing the Bulls players might say, make the summer even longer! LOL

I am with YOU on this KC....its one thing to be "overly" optimistic, but its quite upsetting to ME, for some others to be so overly pessimistic!!! U KNOW what I mean? man! LOL:upset:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Artest did!

Originally posted by BCH
Exactly. And those words really aren't worth much. Just because they are all you have does not make them worthy of anything.

You expect he is going to say that the triangle is too hard for him?
I remember reading how artest, el amin and others in recent years, said the triangle was difficult...or was THAT not you were talking about either?

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I remember how Artest said that the triangle was not difficult at all and that he had no problems with it.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

I know Artest had problems and was vocal about it. I also know Artest tried to put out a rap album and used to enjoy punching stationary object aroounds the court. There is a difference between the intelligence levels of Artest and 3 year Duke graduate Williams.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
So he couldn't just be telling the truth? Everything he says is just a smart business decision right? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Where did I say he was lying?

I said what do you expect him to say. It is expected that is what he is going to say. Why bring it up as if it is a relevation? the story would be if he didn't say it. KC, you need to read more into it rather than skimming for something to disagree with.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Why not bring it up? This is a Bulls forum and we are free to get excited about anything we want. Who cares if he is putting up a front? Is that for you to decide? No. It is for Bulls fans to decide if they want to get excited over a comment or not.....

By the way, I read your posts and I don't need to skim to find something to disagree with it. :no:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I didn't say don't bring it up. I said why bring it up as a revelation?

Just as you are free to comment on it as a Bulls fan I am free to comment on it as well.

This just in: Pete Meyers is excited about what he sees in Bulls minicamp.

This must mean Bulls are 50 game winners this year.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by KC
So he couldn't just be telling the truth? Everything he says is just a smart business decision right? :rolleyes:
That's not it at all, you're missing the big picture... which is-

The Bulls suck, our players have proven nothing, and we have no reason to be optimistic.

Each and every expression of optimism put out there by any Bulls fan or any media outlet MUST be quickly followed by a disclaimer stating that it means nothing until the Bulls prove it on the court.

Any statement that any Bulls player makes which is positive toward the organization is just a player being politically correct, even if it means the player is lying.

In summation, just remember that THE BULLS SUCK, THEY ALWAYS WILL, AND WE AS BULLS FANS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO HAVE ANY OPTIMISTIC THOUGHTS ABOUT THE TEAM.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Why do you care if it's a revelation? Thank you for telling us that "it is just what he is supposed to say".... I'm sure everyone will take that into account.

No one was even making predictions... :no:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
neither was I which is why I am curious as to why the discussion. I am just pointing out the guy is saying the right and expected thing. It is not a reason to get excited in my opinion.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
neither was I which is why I am curious as to why the discussion. I am just pointing out the guy is saying the right and expected thing. It is not a reason to get excited in my opinion.
*Announcement*

Just to let everyone know, A Wizards fan feels that there is no reason to get excited over these comments...... Thank you.
----------------------------------------

Anyways, the discussion doesn't have to be about making predictions. Maybe we can talk about Mini-camp or the offense or whatever. I didn't see anyone say that we are now championship contenders because Jay thinks the offense is easy.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Ot here is a concept everyone, Maybe he has heard from different people how difficlult the triangle was. And when he made the statement that he did he was really being honest that the concept of the triangle wasnt as difficult as he thought it was. Remember the guy graduated as a junior did he not? Pretty bright man. But one day of two practices in mini camp and an actual season of running the triangle are two different things. But i think Jay will have no problem mastering it.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by truebluefan
Ot here is a concept everyone, Maybe he has heard from different people how difficlult the triangle was. And when he made the statement that he did he was really being honest that the concept of the triangle wasnt as difficult as he thought it was. Remember the guy graduated as a junior did he not? Pretty bright man. But one day of two practices in mini camp and an actual season of running the triangle are two different things. But i think Jay will have no problem mastering it.
Exactly, and no one said "This is great, Jay has mastered the triangle." I think everyone realizes that there is a lot more work to do. Like I said, these comments are fun to hear....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.