·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is news to me! ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Shocking! they beat Mexico 2-0 and are off to the quarter finals with Germany, isn't this the best they have done in their history right?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, I was kidding... a more serious question: Does anybody in the U.S. care?

I woke up to watch part of the Mexico - US game before my workout. It's fun to beat the Mexicans, no matter what sport it's in!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think we are gaining more fans around the U.S. because of the more attention it has gotten and offcourse they are finally winning, if we make it to the semi's and somehow beat Germany then the whole U.S. will be supporting the boys for sure..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I don't think the USA will beat Germany. But this WC is very surprising thusfar. I am even suprised with the play of the USA. I don't like their way of play (lot of muscle, very less technique), but I have to give them credit for winning to the Portugese. Something The Netherlands didn't do. But after the easy victory of the Dutch team against the USA, I wouldn't have thought they would make it to the second round.

And on Eurosport I've even seen American soccerfans cheering in the street. While this is still strange to see for a European cuz it was all a bit made up, I hope the USA will use the untapped potential that is hiding their in the States. Maybe there will stand another team up from another continent than South-America or Europe. It will make the competition more intense!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts