Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Kobe, MJ, or Lebron?

  • Kobe

    Votes: 23 27.4%
  • MJ

    Votes: 50 59.5%
  • Lebron

    Votes: 21 25.0%

  • Total voters
    84
1 - 20 of 4783 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
sure for crying out loud he has no outside shot like bryant. and first of all kobe bryant is much better james james is not proven in the nba he just wants to get out of school and go play basketball. Kobe went to the european league to get better and bulk up and he played for the lakers plz james will probablly go to the cavs and still suk. HE plays high school ball for crying out loud they suck. they said dat bout kobe and when he went to the european league what happened dominated dat too. and had no choice for the nba he was too good also he had about a perfect score i believe in the sats and couldve went to harvard. was a genious oh and u said miller in a knicks jersey nasty well before kobe went to the lakers u said the same thing about dat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
lakers1 said:
sure for crying out loud he has no outside shot like bryant. and first of all kobe bryant is much better james james is not proven in the nba he just wants to get out of school and go play basketball. Kobe went to the european league to get better and bulk up and he played for the lakers plz james will probablly go to the cavs and still suk. HE plays high school ball for crying out loud they suck. they said dat bout kobe and when he went to the european league what happened dominated dat too. and had no choice for the nba he was too good also he had about a perfect score i believe in the sats and couldve went to harvard. was a genious oh and u said miller in a knicks jersey nasty well before kobe went to the lakers u said the same thing about dat
. ........................................................

Kobe played in Europe? I think you have him mixed up with his daddy, who did play in Europe. Kobe was drafted right out of High school and Kobe played nowhere except for the Lakers.

Also, Kobe did not have a perfect score on his sats(nobody has to date) -

David Robinson scored a 1320(high) and

Kobe scored a 1080 (Very Good!)


Kobe is a great player, but let's always try to keep a good perspective on things and not reach into the higest points of HYPERBOLE when it comes to NBA players, he is not some kind of "god" - just an excellent NBA player and arguably one of the top 5 players of today's game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
yeah ur righ rifleman it is true but it gets me mad when ppl compared james to bryant when they say he is better because right now he is nothing he is only a high school ball player i remember they said their was a guy who was better than jordan but then unfortunately died
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
lakers1 said:
yeah ur righ rifleman it is true but it gets me mad when ppl compared james to bryant when they say he is better because right now he is nothing he is only a high school ball player i remember they said their was a guy who was better than jordan but then unfortunately died

I know how you feel, sometimes we feel as though we "know" the players we like so much. Sometimes when we feel that, we feel a need to "protect" them and they really don't need our protection.

James is just a HS player - now, as was Kobe and as was TMac. He might become something special - but we'll all have to wait and see.

Quite obviously - James is nowhere near Kobe or TMac - as he has never been 82 game NBA tested. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
any vince im sorry the raptors will never win a championship especialy with the knicks in the east. they were one game away from the nba finals but instead didnt win anything. vince carter took the shoot and almost shot an airball hes a ballhog who wants the spotlight. Lakers and knicks rule and james may be good but once again is only in high school and kobe and shaq rulee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
Dynasties and would-be dynasties come and go in the NBA and all other team sports, for that matter.

Mike came in the 90s, conquered, and then - got older. That always happens and so take heart - the Raptors are still building and they are young & getting healthy.

One never knows which team and which players on those teams will step up and be crowned the new Kings of the NBA. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
TheRifleman said:

. ........................................................

Kobe played in Europe? I think you have him mixed up with his daddy, who did play in Europe. Kobe was drafted right out of High school and Kobe played nowhere except for the Lakers.

Also, Kobe did not have a perfect score on his sats(nobody has to date) -

David Robinson scored a 1320(high) and

Kobe scored a 1080 (Very Good!)


Kobe is a great player, but let's always try to keep a good perspective on things and not reach into the higest points of HYPERBOLE when it comes to NBA players, he is not some kind of "god" - just an excellent NBA player and arguably one of the top 5 players of today's game.
*Listens to Rifleman, stands applauds and then leaves*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Originally posted by lakers1
sure for crying out loud he has no outside shot like bryant. and first of all kobe bryant is much better james james is not proven in the nba he just wants to get out of school and go play basketball. Kobe went to the european league to get better and bulk up and he played for the lakers plz james will probablly go to the cavs and still suk. HE plays high school ball for crying out loud they suck. they said dat bout kobe and when he went to the european league what happened dominated dat too. and had no choice for the nba he was too good also he had about a perfect score i believe in the sats and couldve went to harvard. was a genious oh and u said miller in a knicks jersey nasty well before kobe went to the lakers u said the same thing about dat
Bandwagon fans trip me out. If the Lakers are your favorite team maybe you should try learning more about the players on the team before saying something that will only embarass you.

First I agree that Labron James is not as good as Kobe right now. It would be idiotic to think otherwise since as lakers1 said he's only in highschool. That does not however mean that LaBron James can't be as talented or more talented than Kobe which has been reported on almost every report I have read on James.

I was listening to one of the writers for SLAM Magazine (can't remember which one) the other day on the radio that was at the Cavs practice that James participated in and he said that comparing James to Kobe is not an accurate comparison. First James is about 2 inches taller than Kobe right now, not to mention he has a bigger frame. As far as size goes he's closer to McGrady than he is to Kobe. Also James right now is a better passer than Kobe, and would perfer to be a PG in the NBA instead of a SG/SF. Again this is according to the writer they interviewed not me. He said that James is more of a combo between McGrady, and Magic at the same age.

He said that during his practice with the Cavs, James ran the point very well, and has amazing handles. He also had several pretty amazing dunks including a facial on Lammond Murry.

As for things that James needs to work on he listed ... mid-range jumper, defense, and rebounding ... not that he's bad at any of these things just that he could use some work in these areas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
i dont understand why there are all these comparison between players. Especially this one. James has yet to see the talent of college ball, let alone the nba. And once he gets into the nba next year there is no guarantee that he is gonna make a huge impact. the one thing that all the hs kids who made the jump said that they never realize the work ethic that was needed in the nba. Very few hs players have made an impact in the nba in their first few years. Kobe,KG, and Tmac. (O'Neal is coming along but he would have benefitted going to college). There are many who probably should have gone to college before making the jump (J.Bender comes quickly to mind)

Give James until his third season in the nba to start making kobe comparisons. Its the only fair thing to do. Frankly I hope James waxes Kobe when they go head-to-head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Originally posted by lakers1
any vince im sorry the raptors will never win a championship especialy with the knicks in the east. they were one game away from the nba finals but instead didnt win anything. vince carter took the shoot and almost shot an airball hes a ballhog who wants the spotlight. Lakers and knicks rule and james may be good but once again is only in high school and kobe and shaq rulee
They were one game from the finals? No they were one game from the conference finals not the NBA finals, and they beat the knicks, so that proves they can get past that old crappy team
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
yo be quiet man im sorry im not like u but i have a life not reading anything u can about the nba i bet ill still school u on the court
 

·
A!
Joined
·
9,434 Posts
Can Kobe Bryant please be his own person...?

Now he is giving the Jordan shrug of the shoulders.... :no:

And please, use your real voice Kobe, please!
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
15,518 Posts
Come on, you hit two LLLOOOONNNGG threes like that, and you aren't going to gloat?

I used to do that, when I played...really, hitting them far out is pretty amazing.

:D
 
1 - 20 of 4783 Posts
Top