Votes: 50 60.2%
  • Lebron

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters
4741 - 4760 of 4783 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was really wondering why there was this thread. I understand the Lebron and Jordan comparisons...but Kobe? He doesn't have a place with those two. But then I noticed the thread was made in 2002 lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have it in this order...

1.) Michael Jordan
2.) Kobe Bryant
3.) LeBron James

I always knew Lebron wasn't going to be able to sustain the level of play as long as Kobe and Michael due to his size and lack of post play. His jump shot is still suspect and for me when he left in his prime to go to Miami to win just two championships that put him out of contention for being better than Kobe. No way would he ever be as good as Michael Jordan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have it in this order...

1.) Michael Jordan
2.) Kobe Bryant
3.) LeBron James

I always knew Lebron wasn't going to be able to sustain the level of play as long as Kobe and Michael due to his size and lack of post play. His jump shot is still suspect and for me when he left in his prime to go to Miami to win just two championships that put him out of contention for being better than Kobe. No way would he ever be as good as Michael Jordan.
Lmfao, trolls going to troll

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't think you were either but I do have to ask: how does him leaving Cleveland to win a title Miami take him out of contention with Kobe?
Because Kobe plays in a small market and only had Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Nash, Dwight Howard, Robert Horry, Bynum...as teammates.

Lebron had Mo Williams...so he should have stayed in the big market of Cleveland with all those amazing teammates to win.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
what was your original poster name back when everyone thought you were a little turd? I forget now - but you're still a little turd, too bad that didn't change

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think you were either but I do have to ask: how does him leaving Cleveland to win a title Miami take him out of contention with Kobe?
Because to me, him leaving Cleveland to join Miami was him running from that challenge of winning a ring with Cleveland the first time around. He was the reigning MVP and considered the best player in the world, people should have gone to him, not him leaving in the prime of his career.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Because Kobe plays in a small market and only had Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Nash, Dwight Howard, Robert Horry, Bynum...as teammates.

Lebron had Mo Williams...so he should have stayed in the big market of Cleveland with all those amazing teammates to win.
Well since you put Nash up there with Artest, I will add Shaq as one of those players with Mo williams ;) LeBron did have Shaq too remember?

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Because to me, him leaving Cleveland to join Miami was him running from that challenge of winning a ring with Cleveland the first time around. He was the reigning MVP and considered the best player in the world, people should have gone to him, not him leaving in the prime of his career.
I understand the "he jumped ship to win championships" argument. Moses started it.
STILL,
Even if Lebron's championships could concievably be considered "tainted" by that m.o., AS A PLAYER he is pretty much comparable to Kobe Bryant. Sure, Kobe won with less, but head-to-head i would say they are at the same level and that a strong argument can be made Lebron James WAS the better player.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
He tried having people go to him. And they didn't. Bosh didn't go to him. Amare didn't go to him. Wade didn't go to him. No one wanted to go to him. And it had nothing to do with him.

And no one went to Jordan. No one went to Kobe. Their all star teammates were either already on the team when they joined the league or ended up being drafted by them eventually.

And regardless, none of this has anything to do with them as basketball players. How does this prove Kobe was a better PLAYER than LeBron?

·
Registered
13 Posts
He tried having people go to him. And they didn't. Bosh didn't go to him. Amare didn't go to him. Wade didn't go to him. No one wanted to go to him. And it had nothing to do with him.

And no one went to Jordan. No one went to Kobe. Their all star teammates were either already on the team when they joined the league or ended up being drafted by them eventually.

And regardless, none of this has anything to do with them as basketball players. How does this prove Kobe was a better PLAYER than LeBron?
OH you want an answer as to why he is the better player, sorry this page has gotten so long. I didn't read the initial question, I thought it was the best legacy. The better player I still feel is Kobe Bryant, he was a better offensive player, better defensively, not quite as athletic but still a freak athlete, and you could go to him with the game on the line. The ONE thing I would give to LeBron is the basketball IQ/feel for the game. Which is why he has higher percentages, too often Kobe would and still does settle for wild and contested jump shots.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
I don't rally see how kobe gets in a discussion with LeBron or Jordan for greatness.

statistically he doesn't come close and he's played on some of the most stacked teams in the past 20 years .

as a teammate he has actually driven good teammates away and is blamed for the 2003-04 team's self destruction in the finals

which is not to say he hasn't ben a great player but there is a level of difference when discussing their place in the history of the game.

Kobe is basically in the 10-20 range while LeBron and MJ have resumes capable of top 5 and even the top spot.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
I don't rally see how kobe gets in a discussion with LeBron or Jordan for greatness.

statistically he doesn't come close and he's played on some of the most stacked teams in the past 20 years .

as a teammate he has actually driven good teammates away and is blamed for the 2003-04 team's self destruction in the finals

which is not to say he hasn't ben a great player but there is a level of difference when discussing their place in the history of the game.

Kobe is basically in the 10-20 range while LeBron and MJ have resumes capable of top 5 and even the top spot.
Dude, cause i think you are a reasonable (sp?) poster, i'm not gonna say right away you are out of your freaking mind.

First: if you put Kobe in he "10-20" range, please name 15 players who were greater than Kobe Bryant. I dare you.

Second: It's a given Jordan has a resume for the top spot. Please tell me what is Lebron's "resume" for said spot. And after you realize you can't do it, please tell me Lebron's "resume" for Top-5.

4741 - 4760 of 4783 Posts