Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you had to pick between these players, who is The Ultimate Kobe Stopper?

Ruben Patterson
Bruce Bowen
Eddie Jones
Ron Artest
Doug Christie
Scottie Pippen

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Ruben Patterson

Not so much in the playoffs, but he frustrated Kobe a lot in the regular season.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bruce Bowen

He basically shut down Kobe in the Spurs series when he guarding him. He forced Kobe into some tough shots. Of course Kobe made most of the tough shots.......I think T-Mac can shut Kobe down and score on him on the other end. T-Mac is Kobe biggest challenge now.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Doug

Doug has always given Kobe problems. Except as certain times during the last couple game. But hey a couple blown calls by the refs and I think Doug and them Sactown boys really are Kings(of the League)

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
there are no kobe stoppers. there are guys who make kobe work harder. there are guys who may force kobe into tougher shots. there aren't guys who can shut him down individually on a regular basis. kobe's a great offensive player. and great offensive players are tough to stop. patterson probably makes kobe work the hardest. he's certainly no kobe stopper though. that would be giving him far too much credit.

just like there are no tmac, iverson, carter stoppers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i dno how they faired against him in the ergular season, but when it comes to the best matchups for kobe, i think tmac and pierce are the two best defenders at the 2 spot.

and bowen got torched by kobe in the san antonio series,

if christie was stronger i think hed be more effective, hes too skinny.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
You can't stop Kobe, you can only hope to contain him.;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Andre Kirilinko had some good defensive games against him. I not sure anyone can stop him one on one for a full game.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Iverson could slow kobe down a little but not stop him!

Christe defended kobe great ya kobe scored 30 points instead of 40.Wow he really stopped kobe in the sac series.I hate bruce bowen.Fine he defended kobe good.But in no way did he shut him down.Kobe killed the spurs especially in the 4th quarter.

Bowen really got kobe riffed, right after bowen stepped on kobes arm during the playoffs kobe gave him and the spurs hell.

Thanks Bowen you really bought out the best in kobe!

Hmm when kobe came to toronto he clobbered vince carter.Tracy mgrady did crap on him but once grabbed his jump shot.

I say noone could stop kobe its practically impossible.The only player who could stop kobe is kobe.
But some players could slow him down a little but he still scores.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ron Artest is the TRUE Kobe Stopper!!!!
Kobes skinny 190 lb. *** cant handle Artests meaty 255 lb. ***!!!!
Artest is too strong for Kobe to handle!!! Pass it on!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by Herman Munster
Ron Artest is the TRUE Kobe Stopper!!!!
Kobes skinny 190 lb. *** cant handle Artests meaty 255 lb. ***!!!!
Artest is too strong for Kobe to handle!!! Pass it on!!!

um...no sorry :no:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well although I think you are a hardcore pacer fan who is blinded by your loyalty to your pacer team. I do agree Artest is one of the best guys in the league at guarding Kobe, because he is very strong and quick, one of the best at stealing the ball as well. I think it is obvious that no player can stop Kobe but I think Artest and Patterson have the best chance at slowing him down.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by KC
Well, he said "If you had to chose"
Exactly!

KC, you seem to be one of the more enjoyable posters here on the site. I commend you. :yes:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by Spurs4Life

Exactly!

KC, you seem to be one of the more enjoyable posters here on the site. I commend you. :yes:
Thanks.... :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, no prob. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
You know, Iverson could actually be the Kobe stopper. He could just bring one his <font color=blue>(do NOT use that analogy again. It is highly offensive in nature. thanks.)</font> with him to the court and threaten Kobe with it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know, Iverson could actually be the Kobe stopper. He could just bring one his XXX(edited-TR) with him to the court and threaten Kobe with it.
:rolleyes:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
You know, Iverson could actually be the Kobe stopper. He could just bring one his XXXX(edited out - TR) with him to the court and threaten Kobe with it.
Yeah, but Iverson is so dumb that .....(edited out - HIGHLY offensive! Please refrain from that verbiage. Thanks. - TR).:laugh:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts