Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see this article on Wednesday? It featured Vermont's Taylor Coppenrath and Aaron Yantzi from the womens team. It was the biggest, and best article I have ever seen about an America East program in USA Today. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.........

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I just saw it on the Internet and agree that it was fantastic. I especially liked how they noted that Vermont is one of only a handful of schools whose men's and women's teams have each had back-to-back 20 win seasons. Folks in Vermont should be feeling great. Between this article, the Brennan article earlier in the year (on espn.com?), the appearance of the men's team in some mid-major polls and Coppenrath's coverage, Vermont has gotten some great press this year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Howland says Coppenrath could start for UCLA!!

Wow one of the most striking quotes in the article, in regard to Taylor Coppenrath:

"He's skilled, he's tough and he really, really competes," UCLA coach Ben Howland says. "If he were at UCLA, there's no question he'd be starting for us."

Very impressive.....hats off to UVM and to Coppenrath! Definitely good PR for the conference too!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Looks like the NBA will be getting two fine players from the North....North...Northeast corridor: Coppenrath and Caner-Medley from Maryland. Both terrific players with very similar games.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GoCatsGo</b>!
Finally got around to reading it. Excellent piece, especially for a national paper like USA Today. Andy Gardiner worked for the Burlington Free Press for years before moving on, so I'm sure he's been keeping tabs on the Cats. A link...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2004-01-21-scoring-duos_x.htm
I think Andy still works for the FreePress just wrote this article for USA Today.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
USA Today owns the Free Press I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts