Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really, I mean they'll just trade it away or annoy the player to the point that he doesn't want anything to do with the club.

They had Webber, lost him

Then they took Joe Smith and for a while he looked OK, a solid performer. Then they got rid of him and now he can't play at all.

Give 'em another chance. Lets see how they screw it up this time

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haha, good points. I am not a fan of dealing draft picks, but the Warriors have been a part of the two dumbest draft day deals ever. One was on their part and that was trading Carter. The other was involved with Orlando.

It pains me to see what Orlando's lineup could have been. (Get ready for this, now). Orlando drafted Shaq and Webber...if they kept both, they could have had the best frontcourt ever to play, along with the greatest swingman combo in the league with McGrady and Hill. Shaq, Webber, Hill, and TMac, whoa...in a sense, that is like Wilt, Malone, Bird, and Jordan. (Not as good though).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knickquelz said:
Haha, good points. I am not a fan of dealing draft picks, but the Warriors have been a part of the two dumbest draft day deals ever. One was on their part and that was trading Carter. The other was involved with Orlando.

It pains me to see what Orlando's lineup could have been. (Get ready for this, now). Orlando drafted Shaq and Webber...if they kept both, they could have had the best frontcourt ever to play, along with the greatest swingman combo in the league with McGrady and Hill. Shaq, Webber, Hill, and TMac, whoa...in a sense, that is like Wilt, Malone, Bird, and Jordan. (Not as good though).
Haha, that would have been an awesome lineup alright. Of course, if Shaq and Webber stayed, Hill and T-Mac would have never gone near the place. Not enough pieces of the pie to go around. Remember, T-Mac left Toronto to have a spotlight all of his own.

Cheers
Brett

·
Registered
24 Posts
True, good point, but Shaq and Webber would have been enough. Shaq, Webber, and an Allan Houston or Eddie Jones kind of player, along with a coach like Van Gundy, would win the championship easily. Hey...I think you are a guy from ESPN that I used to talk to, known as "shaq_sucks." Lemme know if I'm correct...

Peace, man.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
knickquelz said:
True, good point, but Shaq and Webber would have been enough. Shaq, Webber, and an Allan Houston or Eddie Jones kind of player, along with a coach like Van Gundy, would win the championship easily. Hey...I think you are a guy from ESPN that I used to talk to, known as "shaq_sucks." Lemme know if I'm correct...

Peace, man.
Nah, though I do think (wish) that Shaq sucks. This is more or less the first board I have taken the time to become part of

Cheers
Brett

·
Registered
12 Posts
warriors draft last year was probably the best of any team

jason richardson, troy murphy, gilbert arenas

and they signed dean oliver, too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by knickquelz

The only thing is that the magic would never been able to have that lineup. Shaq and CWebb demand huge contracts and remember that Hill was deserving of a big contract before the injuries and Tmac well he deserves near max to max on his contract. There would be no way the magic could afford it. Would have been nice to see though.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by The_Yoyo

The only thing is that the magic would never been able to have that lineup. Shaq and CWebb demand huge contracts and remember that Hill was deserving of a big contract before the injuries and Tmac well he deserves near max to max on his contract. There would be no way the magic could afford it. Would have been nice to see though.
Maybe the old saying would come into play here: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I don't think there'd be enough of the ball to go around

1 - 8 of 8 Posts