Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are improving. But the thing I really like about them is they are very entertaining to watch. This is only the 3rd or 4th time ive gotten to watch them and in each game the pace and action was scintilating.. I also adore J-Rich. Love his game. :clap:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yeah this is going to be the team to watch next season. I've only seen them a few times this season after the Davis trade and they are a lot of fun.

I love watching Pietrus.

And I didn't realize Zarko had bulked up so much. He's clearly on the juice.

J-Rich has quietly arrived as an NBA player.

They have a lottery pick this year too, no? Or did they trade it for Baron?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but if they can add even more young talent through the draft they are gonna be special. I also love Pietrus, wow is he athletic and explosive. If only he could fine tune his offensive game a little more.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Looks like Mullin aint lookin so bad now?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
They look pretty good on paper, but I'll hold off for any more praise than that.

Mullin and Montgomery have not impressed.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Andris Biedrins really surprised me when I saw him play. I never thought that he wouldn't be a stiff.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If Baron Davis ever grows up this team could be dangerous. He's still a baby, just take for example how he tried to pick a fight with Dirk. He's turned into a smaller version of Antoine Walker when he was immature a couple years ago.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
gian said:
Andris Biedrins really surprised me when I saw him play. I never thought that he wouldn't be a stiff.
Yeah. He was not how I pictured him in my head. In fact I find it a little difficult at times to tell the diffrence between he and Troy Murphy at times on the court. And he's only 18?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The have loads of young talent, but still have to put it together. They kind of remind me of the Clippers a few years back.

Mullin messed up signing Foyle and Fisher to such huge contracts.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Davis, Zarko, Pietrius, and Biedrins are keepers along with Jrich. Dunleavy also looks he stepped it up a little bit. This will be a very dangerous team next year.

The only question will they mature or not: they jacked up way too many three last night even before they lost their cool.

I'm betting the get bogut though as Stern won't let this big market (SF/Oakland) stay stagnant for much longer

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Andris Biedrins is younger than Darko, got half of the hype, and is already quite a bit better than him. I can't tell how good of a player (Biedrins) is going to turn out to be, but the fact that he throws it down hard and rebounds well tells me that there is a good chance he'll at least be a productive player, on some level, in the NBA. He does have some of the 18-year-old-rookie butterflies, I think, but not nearly as much as Darko had. So I think he's fine.

The rest of these guys I'm not sure about. You can like how flashy they are, but to me it screams of unfulfilled potential. A guy like Pietrus I'm not so impressed with. People love him to death, but all I can see is that he's athletic, nothing beyond that. Desmond Mason is about as athletic, and actually is a pretty good offensive player besides just dunking, but no one seems to talk about him. I think the Pietrus love will go down as time progresses.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Zarko, I think, has the most potential, just because he's the guy who seems to be getting better. Guys like Dunleavy and Pietrus look the same as always. Zarko still might not turn out to be anything special. I like his confidence, but he hasn't shown a consistent jump shot yet. He attacks the basket nice, but only when Davis, Fisher, or Richardson clear the space for him, he can't do it on his own yet. So it would be nice if he became the next Dirk, but we'll have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Still don't know why Phoenix dumped Zarko for nothing. He's on a cheap rookie contract and has a ton of talent. He's got great mobility for his size and like to attack the rim unlike a lot of Europeans. In addition he's got a good handle and decent jumpshot

Again he has too much threepointitis like the rest of the Warriors but hopefully Montogmery can make these guys stop jacking up quick threes and GS should be able to make the playoffs next year

1 - 20 of 32 Posts