Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if kids could not go straight to the pros from high school and the rule was enforced last year. Here's my question: Who would have won the tourney then? How good would Louisville be with Sebastian Telfair, North Carolina with JR Smith, Indiana with Josh Smith, Duke with Shaun Livingston, USC with Robert Swift, and whoever would have ended up with Dorrell Wright and Dwight Howard.

I think UNC would still be the best although Smith may have not got the minutes he deserved since McCants was ahead of him. Louisville would be in the Final game if they had Bassy. He is playing well at the NBA level, I don't think there would be a colliegete guard who could stick with him. Indiana would have definately made the tournament. Josh would have just dunked on everybody. Robert Swift looks so uncoordinated and skinny; I doubt he could have done much of anything to help USC out of the cellar in the Pac-10. Considering Duke already had Ewing at the point, I am sure Livingston would have been placed in the same situation as JR Smith would be in at UNC, but Duke could have really used his depth this season. Whoever got Dwight might have won it all based only on the fact they had Dwight. Howard is a beast at the NBA level, I find it hard to believe anyone could handle him down low. I have never seen Dorrell Wright play, so I don't know if he would have impacted any team that effectively.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
How about a Memphis starting lineup of Dajuan Wagner, Rodney Carney, Shawn Banks (or Shawne Williams), Amare Stoudamire, and Kendrick Perkins...

In reality though, Shawn Kemp was very close to transferring to UNLV back in 1990. They were already one of the best college teams ever, imagine if they had Kemp in the middle. :eek8:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
What if kids could not go straight to the pros from high school and the rule was enforced last year. Here's my question: Who would have won the tourney then? How good would Louisville be with Sebastian Telfair, North Carolina with JR Smith, Indiana with Josh Smith, Duke with Shaun Livingston, USC with Robert Swift, and whoever would have ended up with Dorrell Wright and Dwight Howard.

I think UNC would still be the best although Smith may have not got the minutes he deserved since McCants was ahead of him. Louisville would be in the Final game if they had Bassy. He is playing well at the NBA level, I don't think there would be a colliegete guard who could stick with him. Indiana would have definately made the tournament. Josh would have just dunked on everybody. Robert Swift looks so uncoordinated and skinny; I doubt he could have done much of anything to help USC out of the cellar in the Pac-10. Considering Duke already had Ewing at the point, I am sure Livingston would have been placed in the same situation as JR Smith would be in at UNC, but Duke could have really used his depth this season. Whoever got Dwight might have won it all based only on the fact they had Dwight. Howard is a beast at the NBA level, I find it hard to believe anyone could handle him down low. I have never seen Dorrell Wright play, so I don't know if he would have impacted any team that effectively.
Dwight said recently had he gone to college, he was going to UNC. Imagine that. Their current team with Dwight and JR Smith. Dwight and May down low? Its over.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Dorell was committed to DePaul. DePaul would have been in the NCAA tournament, Louisville probably would have beat Illinois with Telfair and Donta Smith there. Al Jefferson would have lead Arkansas to the tournament and Duke would have Deng and Livingston and more than likely be in the Final Four against UNC.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
If Mississippi St. had Travis Outlaw, Jackie Butler and Lawrence Roberts together....

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
If Mississippi St. had Travis Outlaw, Jackie Butler and Lawrence Roberts together....
This year? Then they still would have lost to a Duke team, led by a true PG, Shaun Livingston. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you go back in time just a little farther just think about some of the others.

LeBron!!!!!

And players like Kobe, KG, and Tmac.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Duke would have been insane.

Livingston, Ewing, Redick, Deng, and Williams. Livingston could guard the small forwards instead of Redick, as well.

UNC would also be insane, although I really doubt all those players would have gone there and sacrificed playing time.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
If Dwight and JR Smith would've gone to UNC, oh my God. Might as well hand them the championship.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What if Villanueva had gone to Illinois?

What if Ebi had gone to Arizona, and Will Bynum hadn't transfered?

What if Kwame Brown went to Florida and James White hadn't transfered?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
AZwildcats4 said:
What if Villanueva had gone to Illinois?
This would not of happened, because Bill Self would of had to remain at Illinois.

What if Ebi had gone to Arizona, and Will Bynum hadn't transfered?
Funny about this. The reason Arizona didn't beat Kansas in '03 is because Bynum and Lattimore transferred thus destroying Arizona's depth.

What if Kwame Brown went to Florida and James White hadn't transfered?
Florida would have still been losing to the Creighton's, Manhattans and Temple's of the world.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
RebelSun said:
How about a Memphis starting lineup of Dajuan Wagner, Rodney Carney, Shawn Banks (or Shawne Williams), Amare Stoudamire, and Kendrick Perkins...

In reality though, Shawn Kemp was very close to transferring to UNLV back in 1990. They were already one of the best college teams ever, imagine if they had Kemp in the middle. :eek8:

Qyntel Woods would've been at Memphis also. Man they would've been LOADED.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
Robert Swift looks so uncoordinated and skinny; I doubt he could have done much of anything to help USC out of the cellar in the Pac-10.
That's a pretty harsh statement, IMO. Swift isn't doing much in the NBA right now, but I figure he would be a beast on the college level. Considering he dominated AA camps and was called the best HS shot blocker in the country. I also figure not many guys on the college level could match up with an athletic 7'1" player.

I havent seen USC, so I don't know how badly they sucked this season. But, I think adding a player like Swift would've made a big impact for that program. (am I right ?)

·
Registered
421 Posts
What if i started rolling on the floor with no pants on and then started ****ting?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Scinos said:
That's a pretty harsh statement, IMO. Swift isn't doing much in the NBA right now, but I figure he would be a beast on the college level. Considering he dominated AA camps and was called the best HS shot blocker in the country. I also figure not many guys on the college level could match up with an athletic 7'1" player.

I havent seen USC, so I don't know how badly they sucked this season. But, I think adding a player like Swift would've made a big impact for that program. (am I right ?)
If Swift was there, Bibby wouldn't have lost his job.

·
Registered
719 Posts
zagsfan20 said:

i was suprise no one darfted Butler in the 2nd round but at least he sign with the Knicks and his fg% is 100%.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Jackie Butler wasn't eligible to play at Mississippi State, so he went to prep school and then committed to Tennessee. He wasn't going to Starkville.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts