Votes: 7 38.9%
  • They should play for the lottery.

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we still have a chance to make the playoffs because we are in the East, and if we can perform like we this every night, I think we could sneak in as the 8th seed.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
If somehow we play every game through out the season like we played tonight, there's hope.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Healthy Arenas, healthy Stackhouse, re-juvinated Kwame Brown.....I think that equates into the playoffs.

The only thing is that they will have to stay healthy, and Kwame will have to play like he has been playing.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I selected no. I do think we have an outside (VERY outside) shot, but not enough so to pick "maybe." My prediction for the record of the 8th seed is 38-44, and we are a long ways from that. We're 15-33 right now, and to reach my assumed goal, we'd need to close out the year 23-11. That's close to a 70% winning percentage, a mark only three teams currently have on the season (Pacers, Kings, Wolves). That's just too unrealistic of a jump for us to make in my opinion. Of course, that's just a random prediction for the 8th seed -- if somehow that drops to something like 35 wins (right now, the 8th seed is Boston, and if they keep the same percentage they'll end the season at 35-47), then our odds improve.

I'll make my season prediction right now at a 18-16 run to close out the year, which would put us at 33-49 final record. I just glanced at our schedule, and we seem to have a pretty even mix of home and away games, as well as weak and tough opponents. I only looked for like 10 seconds, so I may be a bit off.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
I selected no. I do think we have an outside (VERY outside) shot, but not enough so to pick "maybe." My prediction for the record of the 8th seed is 38-44, and we are a long ways from that. We're 15-34 right now, and to reach my assumed goal, we'd need to close out the year 23-10. That's a 70% winning percentage, a mark only three teams currently have on the season (Pacers, Kings, Wolves). That's just too unrealistic of a jump for us to make in my opinion. Of course, that's just a random prediction for the 8th seed -- if somehow that drops to something like 35 wins (right now, the 8th seed is Boston, and if they keep the same percentage they'll end the season at 35-47), then our odds improve.

I'll make my season prediction right now at a 18-15 run to close out the year, which would put us at 33-49 final record. I just glanced at our schedule, and we seem to have a pretty even mix of home and away games, as well as weak and tough opponents. I only looked for like 10 seconds, so I may be a bit off.
Cool Avatar.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
they defiantly will do better than 18-16. that;s mediocore and the new wizards are better than mediocore. they should finish with a 22-12 run.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Hm, after looking at the schedule a bit more closely, it's not as bad as I thought. The only really tough games are the Pacers, Lakers, Kings (twice), Wolves, and Pistons. We play a whole lot of games against middle of the pack east teams, like Boston, New York, Philly, and New Orleans.

However, a 22-12 run still seems like just too much of a jump to me. Are we really one of the best teams in the league all of a sudden? We are definitely much improved now, but jumping from a 31% team to a 65% team in terms of winning percentage? If teams keep up their current paces, us going 22-12 (65%) would have us as the fourth best team in the league, hovering neck and neck next to the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavericks (all around 65%) while behind only the Wolves, Pacers, and Kings. I just don't see it.

People should be careful not to let tonight's performance sway them too much. Our big four will be hard pressed to shoot a combined 55% every game.

·
Registered
996 Posts
i'm hoping they will, i think there's a chance, but if they dont, i'd rather them bomb and pick emeka okafor.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
emeka okafor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I voted for maybe. I think you guys've got an outside chance of making it. It'll need a lot of consistant hard work for the rest of the regular season to make it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts