Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you guys have been talking about the 2000-2001 76ers team and how they didn't belong in the NBA Finals, so I decided to ask you guys, what would you say were the worst teams to have ever made the NBA finals? You can make a list of them if you want or you could just say which one you thought was the worst.

Me personally, I'm almost certain there's probably a team out there that was worse than the Cleveland Cavaliers from the 2007 NBA Finals, like maybe the 1999 Knicks team, but lets hear some of your guys picks for worst NBA finals teams ever.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
From when I have been watching, it's the Cavs team from 2007. Sixers in 2001 are #2.

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From when I have been watching, it's the Cavs team from 2007. Sixers in 2001 are #2.
I can agree with this. Some people say the nets from 2002 and 2003 were both deserving of being ranked somewhere in the top ten for worst teams to make the finals, but I'm not really sure if i agree with that.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
First of all, there's never been a bad team to make the NBA Finals. If you made it there, you're a damn good basketball team. Most of the teams that are considered for this simply had a bad matchup in the Finals or the other team was just so dominant at the time they made everyone else look bad.

With that being said, Im riding with the 76 Westphal-Suns. Iverson or LeBron would have beat the shit out of that team.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
1981 Houston Rockets.

40-42 record during the regular season, beat a Kansas City Kings team in the conference finals that also went 40-42 during the year.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
The sixers were gifted a spot in the finals over a better bucks team thanks to some of the worst reffing in playoff history.... **** that team

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
The sixers were gifted a spot in the finals over a better bucks team thanks to some of the worst reffing in playoff history.... **** that team
Yeah, that era is what really gave people a legit case to say "The NBA is rigged."

It was horrific

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all, there's never been a bad team to make the NBA Finals. If you made it there, you're a damn good basketball team. Most of the teams that are considered for this simply had a bad matchup in the Finals or the other team was just so dominant at the time they made everyone else look bad.

With that being said, Im riding with the 76 Westphal-Suns. Iverson or LeBron would have beat the shit out of that team.
I watched almost every game the 2007 Cavaliers played in that year. At least 20-35 of those wins that we had were due to Lebron. We were a bad team haha.

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1981 Houston Rockets.

40-42 record during the regular season, beat a Kansas City Kings team in the conference finals that also went 40-42 during the year.
Did that rockets team even have anyone note worthy that year?

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
has your neighbor ever heard of a cat named Moses Malone?
I wasn't sure if Malone was on the team the year they went to the finals or not, I know he won an MVP award with them and then left.

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how about the 74-75 Warriors as the worst team to ever win a title?
You could throw in the Celtics team that upset the heavily favored Lakers during the Russell days, but I'm just throwing up random teams off the top of my head.

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
how about the 74-75 Warriors as the worst team to ever win a title?
I would go with the 1978 Bullets or 1979 Sonics.

The Bullets won just 44 games during the regular season and needed seven games to get past a Sonics team that wasn't much better. They won Game 7 on the road though, so good on them.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
You could throw in the Celtics team that upset the heavily favored Lakers during the Russell days, but I'm just throwing up random teams off the top of my head.
are you talking about a team with Russell, Hondo, Sam Jones, and Bailey Howell on it? because that team featured 4 hall of famers (not counting Satch Sanders)

1 - 20 of 107 Posts