Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Yankees are fixated on Brian Giles, and GM Brian Cashman spoke with Giles' agent, Joe Bick, again yesterday. The Post has learned that former Yankee Paul O'Neill, who now does work with the YES Network, placed a recruiting call to Giles. Both men have Bick as their agent.
YES!

Link

-Petey

·
Registered
206 Posts
what does fixated mean ? does it mean there going to get him ? because if they do they are not getting younger he is getting old

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
I don't like Giles..sorry that is not a good move by the Yanks. Can we get younger please and someone who can play some defense.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ghost said:
That is a good way to improve defense and get younger.
Giles is younger than Bernie, and Matusi is a better CFer than Bernie at this point, so it does both!

-Petey

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I do not want Giles and he's average at best in the field and can you imagine all the bloop and gap shots hit to our outfield with Giles, Matsui, and Sheff .............I can see it now "THE NO RANGE PATROL".....Until proven other wise I don't like the idea of adding another aged outfielder to our team.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Petey said:
Giles is younger than Bernie, and Matusi is a better CFer than Bernie at this point, so it does both!

-Petey
Matsui is a better CF than a 38 year old who can't run or throw anymore. That's not saying much. He doesn't hold a candle to Bernie in his prime. I don't see how you can like this deal. Giles was a nice alternative to Matsui if the Yanks couldn't resign Hideki but having an outfield of Sheff, Matsui, and Giles is not a good idea. None of the players has much range and Sheff is the only one with a really good arm. Sure, they can all hit but the Yanks need bullpen and starting pitching help more than anything else.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
what the hell do we want brian giles for...he hasnt been the last few years he is getting old and he is just gonna be waste of money..i want Furcal or Soriano or hell even Damon

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Petey said:
YES!

Link

-Petey
Sorry to break it to you Petey.......Becuase you got your wish of Giles coming to the Al East, but it's to play for Toronto... :biggrin:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MonStrSquad*JK said:
Sorry to break it to you Petey.......Becuase you got your wish of Giles coming to the Al East, but it's to play for Toronto... :biggrin:
That isn't official!

-Petey

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Petey said:
That isn't official!

-Petey
keeping hope alive I see... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I agree with most of the people who posted. Giles is 34 and I could see him having a bad first year with the Yankees.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I strongly suggest that Brian Cashman, George Steinbrenner and Joe Torre sign Brian Giles, as soon as possible if he is still available and likes the New York Yankees' offer. I love watching him hit down the line shots for doubles and triples. Great player.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
too late

Giles seals new $30m Padres deal

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"> <tbody><tr><td>

</td></tr> </tbody></table> San Diego Padres outfielder Brian Giles has agreed a three-year contract with that will pay him a reported $30m.
Giles hit .301 and had 15 homers and 83 runs batted in 2005.

A number of teams, including the New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays and Los Angeles Dodgers, had expressed interest in the free agent.

Giles, 34, who is from San Diego, led the Padres in batting average, runs scored (92), hits (164), doubles (38) and runs batted in last season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/baseball/4491272.stm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts