Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he Yankees recently inquired about the availability of Ichiro Suzuki but were told by Mariners ownership they will not trade him.

While the Yankees previously were steadfast in their refusal to part with their dual desirables, Robinson Cano and Chien-Ming Wang, they viewed Ichiro as the perfect answer to their gaping centerfield hole.
Link

-Petey

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i would not give up wang or cano for ichiro. i know how good he is, but its not like he isnt aging. Cano is only 23, and he is the best thing that has happened to the Yanks since we won the WS in 2000. I do not want to see him leave.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Bye Wang or Cano..hello Ichiro. I would pull that deal in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
555 Posts
hey, gary is still available, i would trade him, and wang ( sorry!) for ichiro, or maybe just sheffield. i like ichiro, hes good defensively, i mean, he could leap!!! and hes a GREAT HITTER. i'd take him over sheffield anyday. But if they keep him, imagine them with kenji jojima, and ichiro!! this is how i see the yankees stsrting lineup in 06

C:Molina
1b:giambi
2b:Cano, or maybe soriano. ive heard rumors
3b: a-rod
ss:jeter
Lf: matsui
cf: giles, pierre, or Damon
rf: sheffield, or ichiro, depends on availability
DH: maybe giambi, because we let go of martinez, and i dont know who will play first, prolly he yanks will chase after olerud again ive heard

Thats how i see it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts