Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My question: How is this guy going to do in the West?

He averaged 8 ppg and 7 rpg in the lowly East. Sure, he's right up with with Ben Wallace and company with blocks per game, but how well is he going to do in the West? Being 6'10, he's not as tall as other center's in the West. Not only that, but I've heard from people that his one on one defense is mediocre at best.

The idea of him helping with team defense seems like he'll be a great addition. But with the one on one defense (especially against O'Neal, Yao, Divac, Miller), I'm not too eagar to see how he does.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
welll after his all star induction, he broke his wrist and just has never been the same again. i think he just lost motivation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
He'll help a lot more on both ends than Davis would, that's for sure.

I think I'm a lot more excited about Ratliff's addition than a lot of Blazers fans. That's cool. I've always been a fan of his.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
just to bring it up, since his health was mentioned

Theo has played in 134 out of the last 135 games for the Hawks

The Hawks game announcer had said today on 910 the fan, that Theo is in very good health and their trainer has done well with him

He also commented on how surpisingly quick his leaping is and his shot blocking ability will be good for us

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I would not be worried with his health or defense.... it is just the lack of scoring ability & he chooses not to rebound.. The scoring is no biggie, but the rebounding gets kind of annoying after a while..

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Theo has a career avg of 6.5 rebounds per game... Sheed 6.7....

lets call it a wash shall we :D

does not sound to bad to me, we need his intimidation in the lane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts