Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read in nba.com that Atlanta has sent Theo Ratcliff and Abdur Rahim to portland for Rasheed Wallace, so our last option before the end of the trade deadline is Dampier.

Do you think that with this trade Portland could improve their possibilities to reach a play off spot?

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
I don't think Ratliff was ever an option.

I still think the only way the Grizzlies break up this group to deal for a center is if they can get Eddy Curry to pair with Gasol. I think the Bulls will do a deal w/o getting Gasol in return...at this point...but I do think that is who the Grizzlies are focused on getting either by Feb. 19 or this summer. The Grizz might have to hurt chemistry and eat some horrible contracts (AD...JYD...ERob) to do it.

Something along the lines of:

Antonio Davis, JYD, Eddy Curry, and Jamal Crawford

for

Stromille Swift, Shane Battier, Troy Bell, Bonzi Wells, Bo Outlaw, Jake Tsakalidis and a 2006 1st round pick

Grizz

PG J Will, Watson
SG Miller, Crawford
SF Posey, Jones, Theron
PF Gasol, JYD, Humphrey
C Curry, Wright, Davis

Bulls

PG Hinrich, Brunson, Bell
SG Wells, Robinson
SF Battier, Dupree, Pippen
PF Swift, Fizer, Outlaw
C Chandler, Blount,Tsakalidis

Then the Bulls could deal Fizer for Ely and Jaric and use their 2004 lottery pick which will be either 1,2,3, or 5 on the best available player and hope he can become their superstar (Deng, Okafor, Dwight Howard, Shaun Livingston or Pavel).

The Grizz will still be poised to continue their playoff run and have good depth. We can then pick up another SG/SF in the summer with our MLE...Ron MErcer, Hedo , Rodney White, Eric Williams, Deshawn Stevenson, Darius Miles, Stephen Jackson.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That last trade proposal with the bulls is INSANE!

Why would we give up a spark plug in Swift, a great person and defender in Battier, a solid vet and proven scorer in Bonzi and overall an awesome defender in BO

for

A very over-rated and over-paid Davis, a good defender and rebounder in Williams but with a bad contract also, Crawford is the 2nd best part of the deal but even he is streaky and kinda cancels out Bonzi and Curry is the big catch but not at the expense of the rest of our guys.

We are a playoff caliber team now and with another yr of experience and Pau adding more weight and maybe a decent FA this team could be top 5 in the West next season.

I still like trying for Dampier, Swift and Bonzi plus a future 1st rnd pick for Dampier a cap filler and a 2nd.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Originally posted by <b>w-h-i-t-e-b-o-y</b>!

I still like trying for Dampier, Swift and Bonzi plus a future 1st rnd pick for Dampier a cap filler and a 2nd.
You said my deal was insane but you want to trade for a 3o year old center that has had 1 productive NBA season that just so happened to occur the season before he had a player option.

In four years, Gasol will be just entering his prime and Curry will just be rounding into All Star form, Jamal Crawford will have learned enough to take over the PG duties from JWil, AD will be retired, and JYD would be in the last years of his deal as trade bait on the end of the bench. Stromille will be in his prime and playing some real good ball, Bell should have become an Earl Watson-like backup, Bonzi will be who knows where and Battier will be what Doug Christie is today. Eric Dampier will be 34 and would probaly be looking worse than AD looks now.

Why in four years? Because the Grizz will not be title contending for at least 3-4 years. I do not want to be Utah and always be good enough to make the playoffs but not quite good enough for rings.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MemphisX</b>!
I don't think Ratliff was ever an option.

I still think the only way the Grizzlies break up this group to deal for a center is if they can get Eddy Curry to pair with Gasol. I think the Bulls will do a deal w/o getting Gasol in return...at this point...but I do think that is who the Grizzlies are focused on getting either by Feb. 19 or this summer. The Grizz might have to hurt chemistry and eat some horrible contracts (AD...JYD...ERob) to do it.

Something along the lines of:

Antonio Davis, JYD, Eddy Curry, and Jamal Crawford

for

Stromille Swift, Shane Battier, Troy Bell, Bonzi Wells, Bo Outlaw, Jake Tsakalidis and a 2006 1st round pick

Grizz

PG J Will, Watson
SG Miller, Crawford
SF Posey, Jones, Theron
PF Gasol, JYD, Humphrey
C Curry, Wright, Davis

Bulls

PG Hinrich, Brunson, Bell
SG Wells, Robinson
SF Battier, Dupree, Pippen
PF Swift, Fizer, Outlaw
C Chandler, Blount,Tsakalidis

Then the Bulls could deal Fizer for Ely and Jaric and use their 2004 lottery pick which will be either 1,2,3, or 5 on the best available player and hope he can become their superstar (Deng, Okafor, Dwight Howard, Shaun Livingston or Pavel).

The Grizz will still be poised to continue their playoff run and have good depth. We can then pick up another SG/SF in the summer with our MLE...Ron MErcer, Hedo , Rodney White, Eric Williams, Deshawn Stevenson, Darius Miles, Stephen Jackson.
I'm sold on that deal. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Grizz

PG J Will, Watson
SG Miller, Crawford
SF Posey, Jones, Theron
PF Gasol, JYD, Humphrey
C Curry, Wright, Davis

That hardly even puts a dent in our depth. In fact, I think we get even deeper, most importantly in the middle. If I had to change anything, I'd rather trade Watson than Bell. I still have a man-crush on Battier after that game-winner against Minnesota, but that lineup is too good to pass up. Somehow get rid of Humphrey if you can.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that Paxon said tha they will not trade Curry, so that trade looks a little bit difficult.

About the posibility of signing Turkoglu as FA, there is a thing that There you probably don't know. I don't remember if it was in the summer before the firs season of PAu in NBA or in the next summer, the european championship was in Turkey, and Turkey (and the refs) beat Spain in semi finals with too many problems between the players of both teams, fight included, and Pau and Hedo where involved. It could be a probelm to have both of them in the same team, because that fight is still remembered and here in Spain we are waiting for the revenge in the court.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts