Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of boards are saying the 2 got into a big fight over play time. I don't really know weather to believe it all though (man he looked PISSED on the bench last night), but an article is out there quoting D'Antoni as saying he has put Jackson out of the rotation and even has Burke ahead of him. O_O That he doesn't want to take time away from others to give JJax the time he needs off the bench.

Thoughts?

edit: I'm worried that he will be on the trading block but will demand a contender, he's not worth a whole lot either.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it. As for why D'Antoni went with Brian Grant over Jackson in the final minutes in the Pistons game, either that's why or someone on the bench (not saying who) is a moron.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
sunsaz said:
I wouldn't doubt it. As for why D'Antoni went with Brian Grant over Jackson in the final minutes in the Pistons game, either that's why or someone on the bench (not saying who) is a moron.
He went with Brian Grant because he bought into the notion that "we need rebounding" rather than "we need to play Suns basketball" at the end of the game. I can't hate on Mike for doing that. It's easy to sit here and tell him how to do his job (which we all do from time to time, part of being a fan), but when it comes down to it we wouldn't last a day coaching that team. :) So I don't think anyone's a moron. 'Cept Jackson if he starts something.

·
Registered
360 Posts
ShuHanGuanYu said:
He went with Brian Grant because he bought into the notion that "we need rebounding" rather than "we need to play Suns basketball" at the end of the game. I can't hate on Mike for doing that. It's easy to sit here and tell him how to do his job (which we all do from time to time, part of being a fan), but when it comes down to it we wouldn't last a day coaching that team. :) So I don't think anyone's a moron. 'Cept Jackson if he starts something.
It was kind of hard to rebound in that final series since we didn't get a shot and Billups swished the clincher. But I'll bet the plan looked good on paper.

·
Registered
843 Posts
ShuHanGuanYu said:
Exactly. He fell into trying to play Detroit's game and shoudl have kept with his own style, but with so many new faces it seems like he is still trying to figure out what works best by switching up the rotations and starting lineups. It is too bad that JJAx has been reduced to the end of thee bench and hopefully that will change since he was important to the sucess of last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts