Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T wovles wont have money to make any significant moves in the offseason,plus theyre gona lose spree and cassel, garnett will demand a trade because he realizes last year was the teams peak.

·
Registered
694 Posts
So where will he go ? Lol it could be a reversal of roles... Kobe to the T'Wolves/ KG to the Lakers... but i dont think he will demand anything...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
They need a roster shakeup. A crappy GM like McHale isn't the man to do it. A few good trades will fix this team. Just get those cancers Sprewell and Cassell off the team.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Lets assume Cassel and Spree are gone this off season, I dont think wolves have enough talent to even make the playoffs. And their trade pieces arent very strong, they may be facing another non-playoff season, they are also too old to rebuild, they need picks, if a playoff spot this season is out of the question, they should try to get a lottery pick atleast.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Trading Garnett could effectively end basketball in Minnesota.
That was a franchise on it's last legs before Garnett got there. And if he leaves with them in the same situation, the same result can be expected. I just don't think if I'm the Wolves owner I let it come to that. I can't see KG demanding a trade, honestly. He just doesn't seem like the type.

The trade would have to be for expiring salaries and lotto picks or young players?

KG to the Blazers?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Garnett took a $9 million dollar pay cut this season, for the good of the team and the franchise if I'm not mistaken. He's a loyal guy. I think the firing of Flip might do more towards KG wanting out than the fact that Spree and Cassell were asses this year. Nothing is impossible, but I would think that KG will both stay in Minny and not make noise about wanting to be traded.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
it could go both ways. minnesota is either gonna try to wheel and deal to get them back to contender status, or scrap it and go into rebuilding mode with or without garnett. this dissapointment however is a direct result of being without all those draft picks all those years, and bad signings like olowokandi. without garnett who knows where they would be.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
SeaNet said:
Garnett took a $9 million dollar pay cut this season, for the good of the team and the franchise if I'm not mistaken. He's a loyal guy. I think the firing of Flip might do more towards KG wanting out than the fact that Spree and Cassell were asses this year. Nothing is impossible, but I would think that KG will both stay in Minny and not make noise about wanting to be traded.
That's his problem. He's got this idea of loyalty. As a superstar he needs to stand up and say, "Hey. Fix this **** or I'm out." As long as Kevin McHale is in charge of personnel, nothing has been done to fix the problem. He's too arrogant to admit it's a roster issue.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
McHale made a big mistake. Why would you sack Saunders after a run to the WCF's. For example, what if the Wolves had won the championship, would they have still sacked Saunders? Stupid. Should have cut ties to Spreewell when they had a chance. McHale is the one who should have lost his job.

Reactions: socco

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
On a certain other bored there was a similar type discussion than this. Almost everybody in that discussion other than a couple Wolves fans were complete idiots. They had absolutely no clue what was going on with this team at all. I guess because of that I kinda expected a bunch of studid responses here, but that hasn't been the case at all. So basically, congratulations on not being idiots, alot of you have made good posts in this thread and are pretty much right on.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Don't get me wrong if the Nets could get KG w/ RJ, Collins or Krstic (PLEASE BE COLLINS!!!), and as many draft picks as Minny could get their hands on, I'd be all for it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
RJ and Collins for Garnett? Who is Collins? Jason? You could have 10 Collins with Richard Jefferson and that wouldn't get it done. Garnett is an MVP of the league for goodness sake. For Jefferson and Collins? Laughable. You'd have to give up Jefferson, the draft pick this year and next year, Krstic and something else, just to get that deal done.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
HKF said:
RJ and Collins for Garnett? Who is Collins? Jason? You could have 10 Collins with Richard Jefferson and that wouldn't get it done. Garnett is an MVP of the league for goodness sake. For Jefferson and Collins? Laughable. You'd have to give up Jefferson, the draft pick this year and next year, Krstic and something else, just to get that deal done.
Perhaps you missed the part where I said more or less just that.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I should add that my post was admittedly 'Net positive,' hoping it could be done wo/ sending Krstic. Let's not forget, the Nets recently got Vince Carter for basically for two older guys Toronto is not using, ZerO the ($11 million headache) and two picks. RJ, Collins/Krstic and as many picks as Minny wants is a lot more than that.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I wonder if the Spurs would take a shot at KG?
They have a ton of extra players they could spare. With the way Beno has played--do the Spurs trade Tony Parker, a lot of draft picks, Devin Brown or Ginobilli, and Rasho to the Wolves for KG?

Beno
Brown or Ginobilli
KG
Duncan
Scola

Sick. Just SICK!

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
futuristxen said:
I wonder if the Spurs would take a shot at KG?
They have a ton of extra players they could spare. With the way Beno has played--do the Spurs trade Tony Parker, a lot of draft picks, Devin Brown or Ginobilli, and Rasho to the Wolves for KG?

Beno
Brown or Ginobilli
KG
Duncan
Scola

Sick. Just SICK!
If the Spurs had to trade their whole team to get KG, it would be worth it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Keith Closs said:
T wovles wont have money to make any significant moves in the offseason,plus theyre gona lose spree and cassel, garnett will demand a trade because he realizes last year was the teams peak.
i dont see it happening. Why do you automatically assume they lose spree and sam i am? And even if they do, those guys have contributed nothing this year. They could still have a nice future with KG, Wally and a bunch of other role players. At least they have draft picks for a while now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts