Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you think that you need to wake up. Seriously. If the Nets play like this, a 1st round upset is very possible. You say the Nets will turn it on in the playoffs, yet you say Shaq can't. Teams dont just turn it come playoffs. They need momentum going in. The 14-game win streak means nothing if they can't win some at the end of the season. Hopefully this blowout sends a message to them. They need to start playing defence like they were a week ago.

· Banned
320 Posts
purplehaze89 said:
While I agree these games mean nothing, the Nets need to show consistency. They need to beat the teams they're supposed to beat and most of all they're supposed to play defense. You don't see Detroit getting blown out by 35.

can't compare the nets to pistons

their former nba champs

the best team in the league

and have a winning instinct.

nets are just a good team.

that's like comparing jason richardson to michael jordan

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Mark Jackson doesn't seem concerned.

He understands what it's like to be in the situation the Nets are in now.

I think I'll trust his opinion over the doomsayers on this board.

· Registered
30,191 Posts
That 6th spot against the Nets looks a heck of a lot better than playing the Pistons, Heat, or Lebron in the first round. Nets are thin, and are beatable, but they do have enough talent to win in the first round, but it'd be one of the most even first round series, outside of the Kings v. whoever in the West.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
The difference between the Nets and the other "elite" teams is that they are only six players deep.

If one of those six guys doesn't do it, it doesn't get done.

Those guys have to be strong and healthy, no matter what the price is.

That's not ideal, but that's the reality.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
I think the NETS couldn't get the 50 wins...

· Registered
10,131 Posts
Brian said:
These last two meaningless games did mean something it was your chance to get the 2nd seed. These games won't seem so meaningless when you have to play a game 7 in south beach.
the nets would've had to win all the remaining regular season games and hope the heat lost AT LEAST two (but their remaining schedule is considerably easier). In other words, there was no way miami was going to lose the second seed.

· Registered
10,131 Posts
killa kadafi191 said:
game seven they'll be lucky to make it out of the first round
get the **** out of here, none of the big three played more than 31 minutes of the game, collins was injured, and the NETS ARE NOT PLAYING FOR ANYTHING IN THE REMAINING SCEHDULE. they have secured theyre position in the standings and their main goal is to remain healthy. The playoffs are a completely different animal and these last two games are not a barometer of how we will play then. For one thing, frank wont be going 12 MEN DEEP and no starter will play less than 40 minutes per game.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Well now it means nothing b/c it's very unlikely that they can get the Heat's spot. But had they kept the streak alive they would have given the Heat a run for their money for the #2 seed. Nets should try to win the remaining games to finish the regular season schedule strong & have some momentum. I want 50 wins.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.