Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeepers
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just observating, but I believe 6-2 is pretty good, in light of the Mavs play. Injuries have effected what they want to do, and they look like they're pressing. In my opinion, they are very vulnerable to the Pistons.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I will have to disagree. I know that they are not playing like the Mavs of old, but they are learning a new way to win and that is with defense. It will take some time getting use to, but that is why they have been winning ugly. I do feel that they are deserving of their 7-2 record.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
the mavs looked like an nba team while the pistons looked like a nbdl team at best

·
Jeepers
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please give me credit for the Mavs win over the Pistons.

Apparantly, all I had to do was motivate them.

·
Jeepers
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damav said:
LOL you are responsible for the Mavs 37 point whooping off the previously unbeaten Pistons because you said they were not very good for a 6-2 team?
Only if Avery read this thread, LOL.

I do think the theme Avery is using now as motivation is a lack of respect; the Mavs sit at #3 in most power rankings nationally, and they've beaten #s 1 and 2 (Detroit and SA). If they take the Heat later this week, it will be a clean sweep of the conference finalists. Nationally, they will get attention.

Then we'll have an overconfident team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts