Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Seconded.

Noel and a pick for Rose? I'd have to say yes.

I don't have any faith that he'll be a big performer on his new contract. Perhaps this season during his contract year.
Yeah, the contract year thing basically makes it worse. If he plays well for the first time in years, what are you going to do, sign him to a big multi-year contract? It's probably best for both sides to move on, and if you can get a positive-value asset for him, I'd go for it now.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
I don't think this is a bad idea, although we'd still have to have Jimmy on the roster and have a hard time imagining what we could realistically offer Clev to induce them to part with him.

My guess is Cleveland is going to want some salary relief if they move him. Thompson can start, and Cleveland really needs to improve their bench. Maybe you package a deal around this or next year's first rounder and the Sacramento swap. With my rudimentary cap knowledge, I think the Bulls don't have to match salaries if they can move Love into their cap space (which means renouncing Noah and Pau, I believe).

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
The draft isn't four deep, it's two deep, according to draft prognosticators, anyway.

Wiggins + #5 probably makes sense for the Bulls. It probably doesn't for Minny. Wiggins + #5 for Butler + #14 might be close.

I think Boston makes more sense as a trading partner. I'd be after next year's BK pick in that event.

Overall, though, if Derrick can be moved for a late first, I can certainly see dealing him, freeing up a bunch of cap space to use this year and next, and potentially re-signing Jo to a deal if the numbers can be worked out.

Also, I hate myself for saying this, but I'd kick the tires on Kevin Love. He seems like the ultimate buy-low candidate these days.
Cleveland trading Love is probably at an all time high right now in terms of unlikeliness.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Cleveland trading Love is probably at an all time high right now in terms of unlikeliness.
I could not disagree more. The guy crapped himself all through the playoffs and is a terrible fit next to LBJ. The Cavs' salary cap/luxury tax situation is abysmal. They already won a championship, so a bit of the pressure is off. If you think the fact that Love had a nice Game 7 is enough to change all that, I think that's incredibly unrealistic.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I'll pack Derrick's bags.
Seconded.

I don't have any faith that he'll be a big performer on his new contract. Perhaps this season during his contract year.
Oh, you're not getting Noel for Rose, that proposal was just the pick or two with a salary dump of Rose's contract into Philly's space. I can't imagine Colangelo getting desperate enough to do Noel and picks for Rose.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I'll pack Derrick's bags.
Seconded.

Oh, you're not getting Noel for Rose, that proposal was just the pick or two with a salary dump of Rose's contract into Philly's space. I can't imagine Colangelo getting desperate enough to do Noel and picks for Rose.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, I can't think of any really good reason why Philly would want to do that trade.

·
Chicago Bulls
92 Posts
They won't let Butler go anywhere because they let Rose just because they wanna make the team around the Butler. Butler is gonna take Rose's place.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts