Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Clip team is different.
There's an edge to this team.
There's an air of confidence on this team.
There's something happening right before our eyes..

THIS TEAM IS AWESOME..and it's still learning how to play and still waiting for a key piece of this puzzle to fit in (Livvy).

The last 10 years... when the Clips had 15 point leads... you just knew the games would end up close.. and in recent years... they couldn't finish with any consistency and win those tight/tough games. They competed and were decent and always gave us hope... but never got over that HUMP.

THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT.. watching leads shrink... or even going behind during games.. you have that confidence sitting and watching that this team will finish strong and WIN or at least be respectable.
This year is different.
Sam Cassell has brought a spine to Brand that he never had before.
Cat has brought a mental toughness to the court that Maggette and Brand never knew.
This Team is Different.. and i'm starting to feel a silent confidence that only Clipper fans can appreciate. Let's just lay low and watch this season unfold. APPRECIATE THIS TEAM. EMBRACE THIS TEAM. SUPPORT THIS TEAM.. There's something different going on here. We are EYE witnesses to this and it's all unfolding before our eyes...
Don't blink..
THIS IS A SPECIAL YEAR!

Let's ALL get on this BRANDWAGON and keep pushing it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a long time fan, I always anticpate the Clipper's season with optimisim. This year it does seem different. Sam and Cat are great additions, Z as a back up was really smart, I think we have another Bobby Simmons in James Singleton and Eisley is a step up from Goldwire and Brunson. I'm kicking myself I gave up my season tickets because PLAYOFF TICKETS won't be easy to come by with all the Faker Fans jumping on the BRANDWAGON. Jack Nicholson sitting courtside watching Cassel to Brand in the WESTERN Division finals. :cheers:

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
The Clippers start this season kinda reminds me of the Sonics last season. Like the Sonics of last year, many of the NBA "experts" picked the Clippers to not do well. For Sonics fans, last season was indeed very special.

I am hoping that the Clippers build on this great start and continue to play with confidence. It would be great to see some new teams in the play-offs this season, teams like the Clippers and the Bucks.

G-Force

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Clips are looking good. Brand looks unstoppable. They were chanting MVP for Brand at the last game, and he is really playing like one.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
HA!!!

We were in the news again. This time about our community efforts. The Clippers, including Dunleavy, were at a food bank today giving out bags of groceries to the needy for Thanksgiving. Elton said they were giving out Clipper gear and that he had even gone out and bought some of his gear to give out.

The reporter tried to get Elton to discuss basketball, about the Clippers start and being named player of the week. Elton would have no parts of it. He was so smoothe in the way he responded without answering the question that was asked. He simply said, "it really feels good to help put a smile of their faces; the time it takes to come and do this is more that worth it." , or something like that. The reporter got the message that what Elton was doing out there was not about himself or the Clippers, but about the needy people. I think they were in Santa Monica.

Yes ... things are different. But, then again, we always knew Elton was about nothing but class so that hasn't changed at all.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
Yes ... things are different. But, then again, we always knew Elton was about nothing but class so that hasn't changed at all.
I just realized something, the clippers really are a group of good guys. Nobody here has a big ego, even Cassell has finally humbled a little bit at this point of his career.

Corey gets a little miffed about being a 6th man, but after one talk with the coach he says he'll do whatever is needed for the good of the team.

The whole bench should be arguing about minutes they all deserve, but the only ones making noise are us and reporters.

Brand gets player of the week and won't even let it distract him from charity.

Wasn't Mobley supposed to be selfish and complaining about shots by now?

Since the preseason began, has anyone mentioned anything about contracts?

I'm so glad the days of Odom the drug addict, Olowokandi the greedy *******, Miller the **** talker, McGinnis the cancer and all those chumps that bad mouthed the team after they left are a distant memory. The success, it's karma!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jus got back from the parade..
wow.
the Clippers sure look good on that float..
and the dream continues...

this team is amazing.
last year, the Clips lose this game by 12 points on Wednesday against the raptors.
this year, they snatch that win.

This Team Is Different.
71 more Thrillas 2 Go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts