Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for example..

...i notice Dwayne Wade shuffles his feet before he puts the ball on the floor

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
I notice that this is a very weak thread, but then again, other people probably notice that too.

11,213 Posts
I think it's a pretty interesting thread. I've noticed some things that players do that others mite not notice, but it's late and I can't think of them rite now. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
that Yao Ming has "Yao" on the back of his jersey because that's really his last name. its really Ming Yao. This is something i don't think any of you may notice, but i'll tell u anyway:

1. Tim Duncan actually still has his accent, but he talks proper english when he is in the states. ive heard him talk normal (for me) already when he comes home in the summer.

2.steve nash licks his fingers as he comes up the court dribbling the ball.

3.kobe always crosses over toward the baseline (mostly from left to right).

4.Damon Jones does some really funny stuff on the court during games. i used to hate him before i knew he was such a clown. i like ppl that amuse me

5. sprewell looks like a sissy.

6. on offense brian cook ALWAYS stands at the three point line. if u check it out he never posts up or even goes down low. soft...

7. Gasol always has a scowl on his face, especially after he scores. and i mean ALWAYS. So does Brad Miller.

8. all great shotblockers get dunked on a lot (thought the reason is obvious).

9. lakers suck

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
- Players that score most of their points in isolations are usually very overrated.

- Interior defense is the most underrated aspect of basketball.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
That Josh Smith guy is pretty good at jumping.
Peja Drobnjak is the anti-Ben Gordon. He will get 10-12 points in the first quarter, and then never score another bucket the rest of the game.
Obinna Ekezie is the worst professional player I have ever seen, at any sport.
Tyronn Lue still thinks he is Allen Iverson.
Josh Childress afro looks fake it is so perfectly round.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
I notice that this is a very weak thread, but then again, other people probably notice that too.
I notice that lately people have pounced at every other opportunity to bash perfectly normal threads.

I've also noticed that David Wesley has a high-pitched voice, and that Mike James usually has a strange smug look on his face. Like he's done something petty that he knows he'll get away with. Ray Allen often has that look, too.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
1) Team defense is the most important aspect of basketball, and has been since the 1970's (though I watched mostly 80's and 90's basketball).

2) Having large hands normally guarantees you'll make a good dribbler.

3) The most underrated aspect of basketball is balance at all 5 positions. e.g. the Seattle Supersonics.

Good thread by the way.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That Sam Cassell is cute, not ugly.

<font style="font-size: 7px;">Yeah I said it, what you gonna do about it?</font>

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Having players who can play many positions is under-rated. Just look at the Suns.

The idea that you need a star or potential star at all 5 starting positions is over-rated.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
1. The Patrick Ewing Theory
2. Stars=Excitment, Role Players=Championship
3. More HSers end up making it big than turning out busts.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Shaq looks thinner but does not have same athleticism he had 4 years ago.
Agree about Brian Cook. what a soft player

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't like how Brian Cook smirks (is that considered a smirk?), basically he just chews his gum make weird facial expressions. I just can't describe it, but it irritates me to no end. I'd much rather watch Sam Cassell every day every night.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've also noticed that unlike last year, Mike Bibby isn't doing the "Mike Bibby dance" after every big shot he makes...i miss that

that Yao looks like he's going to cry after every mistake he makes

that Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady games are "scary" simular

that Shaq looks 10-15lbs lighter and not 25-30lbs lighter

Allen Iverson's arms are freakishly long (they don't match his body...they come down to his knee's)...that's why he's able to finish around the basket

Carmelo is just as big as Lebron (height,weight)

Jeff Van Gundy isn't that damn grumpy

·
Registered
326 Posts
The guy who scored is quite often the guy who commits a foul on the very next defensive posession. Anybody noticed that too ?

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
q said:
That Sam Cassell is cute, not ugly.

<font style="font-size: 7px;">Yeah I said it, what you gonna do about it?</font>
? Are you a female? I'm confused.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Reignman said:
The guy who scored is quite often the guy who commits a foul on the very next defensive posession. Anybody noticed that too ?
I've never really noticed this... Now I'm gonna look for it all the time...

Oh, and for the guy who said it's really Ming Yao, not Yao Ming: His name is Yao Ming. However, in China the family name comes before the given name, and that is why Yao is on the back of his jersey.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Owned. and i agree with that brian cook smirk. it pisses me off. after he makes a shot he has this smug, aggogant smirk that makes me wanna slap him. and knowing that he is soft i know i can get away with it. and to the guy that said the guy who makes a basket is the next one to foul, maybe its only in bulls games. and i love the "bibby dance" too. he did it a couple times this year. it craxks me up. Slava Medvedenko shoots the ball 99% of the time he gets it. no matter the distance or situation. i agree with the mike james look. lol. he does look like he did something sneaky. and ray allen does always have a smirk on his face, especially when he talks and chews. Olwokandi looks so retarded. especially when he gets dunked on. he just has this stupid look on his face. Rasho nesterovic is the most expressionless player in the NBA.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
-Both Chris Duhon and Kirk Hinrich take a step or two before actually dribbling.

-Lebron James bites his finger nails.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
and Rip Hamilton takes the slowest biggest 2 steps you'll ever see after catching the ball. at times it looks like traveling.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts