Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marvin Williams is his name, but that's not a secret anymore.

"As far as a high school player, he doesn't have a whole lot of weaknesses," Bremerton coach Casey Lindberg said of Williams, a 6-foot-9 forward who signed a letter-of-intent to play for North Carolina next season.

Missouri's Quin Snyder, Arizona's Lute Olson and the Tar Heels' Roy Williams agree with Lindberg. They were among the nation's prominent coaches to visit Bremerton and see Williams, one of the nation's prominent prep players, during recruiting.

----

"I've had four or five NBA teams come to watch," Lindberg said.

Fact is, buzz around the league suggests Williams could be a first-round pick were he to enter the draft this year. For now, Williams is ranked the fifth-best prep player in the country by USA Today and No. 10 by The Sporting News.

No disrespect to Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson or the Stewart twins, all stars at Rainer Beach, but Williams is without a doubt the most touted high school player in recent state history.

Lodrick and Rodrick Stewart may be contributing significantly as freshmen at the University of Southern California, but Williams is expected to dominate at UNC.

Robinson may have led the Huskies in scoring last year as a freshman, but Williams is expected to chase national titles at UNC.

Crawford may have led Michigan in scoring his only year there and may be averaging 17 points a game in his fourth season with the Chicago Bulls, but Williams is expected to ... well, you get the idea.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/preps/156520_marvin14.html

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Marvin Williams kind of looks like Courtney B. Vance.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I hope not, we definitely don't need a high school kid.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you, barring another LeBron-like-can't miss- this is the next coming of Christ with-high-tops and sky-hook-James talent, it's safe to say we won't be drafting another High Schooler for quite some time. At least not in the first round anyway.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
very interesting thread. Here are my 2 cents

First off, I doubt the Bulls are scouting this kid. Should they be? Ofcourse. You have to turn over every stone in this day and age. Even if we dont need another HS player. Carmello for instance wasnt highly thought of as a junior in HS. Then came out of nowhere. So who knows with this kid. But its safe to say the Bulls scouting situation is in near shambles right now.

Second-Ill make a call or 2 on this kid and report on it in the draft thread. See if I can dig anything up on him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts