Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love Nene on this team if he makes a full recovery. Even at 80%, I think he should be heavily pursued by Paxson over Peja and Nazr. I think he's a starter in this league and not just a clone of Tyson. The guy can score.
Just before the season started, Nene weighed signing a lucrative contract with the Nuggets versus becoming a restricted free agent next summer. He turned down a five-year deal that would have paid him upward of $30 million, with incentives pushing it up to $45 million to $50 million.

Instead, he's sidelined and facing a long rehabilitation. It's up in the air what his market value will be next summer, and whether teams such as Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, Charlotte or New York will make a big enough offer to dissuade the Nuggets from matching. Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said last week he is confident the team will re-sign Nene.

All those discussions are well in the future, after surgery, after rehab.

"I need to get to 100 percent," Nene said. "I need to think about myself, get better. I can't think about playing. It's hard to say that, but it's the truth. If I come back and get hurt again, I don't have a contract. I don't have confidence. It's not two months (recovery). It's five months.

http://denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_3210136

Does he take the QO and become an unrestricted? I believe that he will get offers from a lot of teams and he will not be able to turn them down and I hope Chicago is one of them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts