Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this in the NY Daily news:

Several days before Stephon Marbury was acquired, Thomas presented the Hawks with a moderately similar offer they had no trouble rebuffing. According to an hospitable southerner, Atlanta was asked to relinquish Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Jason Terry and Chris Crawford for Antonio McDyess, Doleac, Charlie Ward, Michael Sweetney, New York's first round pick in '04 and the rights to Milos Vujanic. Oh, yeah, and the Hawks were supposed to release McDyess so the Knicks could re-sign him when he cleared waivers.

if we could get Terry and Rahim, what the hell is NAsh waiting for?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
The point is that the Hawks would be getting ripped off in the deal, and Thomas was merely asking for the moon and the stars.

Between the talent drain involved in the trade and the lack of settled Atlanta ownership, Portland wouldn't be able to grab those two guys for Rasheed + filler any time soon, I don't think.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I dunno Ed, Atlanta (like Portland) has circled the drain and is floating out to sea. I would think a trade to shake things up might be possible. It's a shame about our contract woes or we could probably pull off a nice little trade.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I would definatley trade Sheed for SAR and Terry, but i am not sure how much those 2 would help our team..

Both are in their prime(26-28 years old), both have long term contracts and both are loosers. No, not the type of looser that Ruben Patterson is, SAR and Terry are used to loosing. Wherever SAR goes he is unable to bring the team out of the gutter, and Terry isnt really carrying his team to many V's either.

I think it would be better to get expiring contracts, youngsters and picks for Sheed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts