Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im NOT saying the Lakers are a LOCK to beat the Nets,but this is their LAST year to DOMINATE!The Kings have proven that the Lakers ARE NOT invincible,and that my friends is a GREAT thing!:D
Next year the Kings will only be STRONGER,and this time they will have a healthy Peja for the entire series.

FACE IT SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACE IT PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES EVEN U KOBE,FACE THE FACT THAT UR OVER!!!!!:upset:

Im pull'n for the Nets BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
553 Posts
BizzyRipsta said:
who said that this year is their last year to dominate? maybe LAST year was their last year to dominate. ;)
haha, that'd be great if the Nets could knock them over at the last hurdle.

However, as much as I'd like to see it, I just can't picture it happening

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Dominate? Who cares! As long as they win the ring I'm happy. And that will happen as long as Kobe and Shaq are together.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Jemel Irief said:
Dominate? Who cares! As long as they win the ring I'm happy. And that will happen as long as Kobe and Shaq are together.
I think you've got one more year after this and then Shaqs ever-increasing weight will see him as much less of a force than he is now. Then we'll see how you go

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Shaq's ever-increasing weight was due to your name sake this season.

He couldn't practice or workout. After beating the Sixers he vowed to come into training camp at 295 and was apparenty well on his way until he had surgery on his little toe. Than the big toe arthritis hit.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Jemel Irief said:
Shaq's ever-increasing weight was due to your name sake this season.

He couldn't practice or workout. After beating the Sixers he vowed to come into training camp at 295 and was apparenty well on his way until he had surgery on his little toe. Than the big toe arthritis hit.
Thing is, arthritis doesn't just get better. I know that Shaq will have the best treatment money can buy, but it deteriorates and thus, will hamper him always. If he just stops that cheeseburger diet....
LOL

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta
it's those shaq packs i tell you...lol ;)
Yeah, I've had something similar myself over the last two years:no:

Though I don't have the nerve to blame my expanding waistline on my toe

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
it's not just the burgers. let's not forget that the fries in the shaq pack come with cheese dipping sauce. mmm...can't you just taste the fat? :laugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
Im NOT saying the Lakers are a LOCK to beat the Nets,but this is their LAST year to DOMINATE!The Kings have proven that the Lakers ARE NOT invincible,and that my friends is a GREAT thing!:D
Next year the Kings will only be STRONGER,and this time they will have a healthy Peja for the entire series.

FACE IT SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACE IT PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES EVEN U KOBE,FACE THE FACT THAT UR OVER!!!!!:upset:

Im pull'n for the Nets BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Quite honestly I dont even think the lakers dominated this year. They beat portland better handly. The spurs had a chance if they remembered that there are 4 quarters to every basketball game and not 3. The kings took the lakers to the max even with the horrible officiating in game 4,5,&6.

While I think the lakers will win the finals again this year I dont think they will be sweeping the nets anytime soon like all the espn,fox sports gurus are saying

·
Registered
553 Posts
Re: Re: This is the Lakers last year to DOMINATE!

Originally posted by The_Yoyo

The kings took the lakers to the max even with the horrible officiating in game 4,5,&6.
Yeah, there were some absolutely shocking calls in that series

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why are all you people dissin the Lake Show? These guys have everything it takes to win every year, if they show up to play. The Kings are a good team, but they're full of crybabies like play-no-defense-Sir-Flop-alot-Vlade. Those of you who watch basketball w/your heads and not your hearts know that the Shaq/Kobe combo is virtually indefensible. And when they play with the kind of poise they've been showing, you gotta luv it!!! Go Lakers!:D

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If Zo WOULDNT have went down with his kidney disorder,and
T-Mac would have signed with us like he was supposed to,my Heat would have CRUSHED the SORRYA$$ Lake Show!!!!!!!!!!

Heat

C - Zo
PF - B.G.
SF - T-Mac
SG - E.J.
PG - Tim-Bug

Fakers

C - Shaq
PF - Grant
SF - Horry
SG - Kobe
PG - Fisher

Like I said,we would have CRUSHED them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:upset:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I agree, I don't see the Lakers making it 4 in a row. Now, the Lakers will be right in the thick of things again but they have never been truly dominate. Besides last year's 15-1 playoff run, the other 2 runs were not dominate.

It's like people forget the Blazers were up 15 going into the 4th qt. of Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conf. Finals. Had it not been for a complete collapse(plus the Lakers catching fire), the Lakers would not have made it to the Finals. Then this year, the Kings outplayed them in games 2 through 6. Yet, somehow, the Lakers won 2 of those games. Game 4's last second shot was luck, not the shot itself but the play was luck. Then to shot 27 FREE THROWS in the 4th qt. alone in Game 6 and to win by only 4. 27 FREE THROWS, come on people, some teams don't even shot 27 free throws in a game.

Now, I'm a Bulls fan, still am even now, and I know there was some protection from the refs, but that was mainly for Michael and sometimes Scottie. The rest of the Bulls did not get the calls, Jud, Steve Kerr, Cartwright, Armstrong, they didn't get the calls. Yet, all the Lakers get the calls or get away with calls. Example, regular season game against Portland this year, Portland up 2, time winding down, Fisher goes for the shot and gets stripped of the ball by Damon Stoudamire. Foul was called, but the replayed clearly showed that Damon got all ball and there was no contact at ALL! Fisher hit the shots and the game went into overtime. Damn, Steve Kerr had to get run over before they called a foul.

Winning 4 in a row would be hard and everybody will be shootin for them. Nobody got to knock off the Bulls, Michael stepped down from the hill. The second retirement was OK, but I wish he wouldn't have after '93. Just to see if the Bulls would have kept their reign going. Yet, everybody will have their chance next year and Sacramento knows they were right there. Just like the Pistons were with the Celtics and Lakers, just like the Bulls with the Pistons and so on. The Lakers know after having trouble this year, that next year will be very tough. They could win it, but they will have to reach the level they did in 2001 if they want to win again cause if they face Sacramento again, I don't think it will go 7 games and I don't see the Lakers walking out happy.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hahaha, I remember seeing Kerr tossed around like a rag doll and not get any calls to make up for the calls Micheal and Scottie got

1 - 20 of 22 Posts