Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
:laugh:

I knew there was a reason I never went to that site...:D

But anyway...I wouldn't say the 25% shooting isn't because of Sampson's offense (or lack-thereof)...the shots just wouldn't fall today, even when they were open. It doesn't help that OU's 2 best players (Bookout and Alexander) didn't practice this week...and court cohesion is already a sticky situation with a team that plays 6 freshman

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to post this as well, to see how certain posters felt at this point int he year. Earlier, I was ridiculed and temporarily banned for suggesting that Giddens might be better than Foust, and that that wasn't just a homer opinion, as I'd seen both play in person and on television numerous times.

http://mb7.theinsiders.com/fouinsiderfrm2.showMessage?topicID=13310.topic

They didn't like this thread either. I swear, if you're not a diehard, myopic, rose-colored-glasses-wearing Sooner fan, you'll either get ridiculed or booted off the board, and oftentimes both.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My favorite is the blind denial showcased by so many posters over there, but especially adasooner within the thread linked above:

Fellatio, I don't know where you're getting your statistics but Foust is not averaging 11 minutes per game. He hasn't even played in every game this year.

Try another topic.
Hello, genius: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=17877

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Man that is some hilarious stuff. That is why I am glad boards like this exist, because being a homer behind all belief is not really necessary.

I will also say that though OU is a good team, they were always overrated IMO in the fact that I don't believe they are a top 10 team. If they are in the top 11-25 range than I think they are in the perfect position for them.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Maybe you were banned because it's obvious that a lot of your posts are baiting. Believe it or not, some people like websites where they can go and read the opinions of their own fans without having to wade through crap from fans of other schools trying to be funny. And I doubt you were banned for one post or a few posts in one thread.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
why did you post this here? Just courious. I undertand if you want to hear other opinons if you should or not be suspend from tht site ornot. That is how that site is run. I can not worry how other sites are run, I only care 'bout this one when it comes to running site.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Man that is some hilarious stuff. That is why I am glad boards like this exist, because being a homer behind all belief is not really necessary.

I will also say that though OU is a good team, they were always overrated IMO in the fact that I don't believe they are a top 10 team. If they are in the top 11-25 range than I think they are in the perfect position for them.
If everyone was healthy I believe they'd be a top-tier team. Too bad they're not...But anyway, this year was supposed to be a 'rebuilding' year...next year and the year after is supposed to be when they're really good, as in as good or better than the teams from the past 2 years.:)

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>pharcyde</b>!
Maybe you were banned because it's obvious that a lot of your posts are baiting. Believe it or not, some people like websites where they can go and read the opinions of their own fans without having to wade through crap from fans of other schools trying to be funny. And I doubt you were banned for one post or a few posts in one thread.
Whatever. Some people are too complacent/ignorant/apathetic to look at the other side of things. OUinsider is a bastion of such behavior.

P.S. What part of my posts/points was "crap" or "trying to be funny"?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't even understand why you brought up the thread.

Whoever tries to compare Foust who has yet to start a game and Giddons is an idiot. Giddens is a stud.

Foust could be a good player in a couple of years. But he was probably going to redshirt this year if it weren't for injuries that OU's got with just about everyone but Lavender.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>NickZepp</b>!
I don't even understand why you brought up the thread.
Well, you probably didn't read the countless threads earlier this season (and especially last summer) proclaiming Giddens to be an overrated player with no jumpshot, that Foust deserved his spot in the McD's AA game, and that Foust was definitely the better player, "just wait and see, gayhawker", to which I responded within the user guidelines and was subsequently (and hastily) banned.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!
why did you post this here? Just courious. I undertand if you want to hear other opinons if you should or not be suspend from tht site ornot. That is how that site is run. I can not worry how other sites are run, I only care 'bout this one when it comes to running site.

Maybe he was tired of seeing every single thread about Quin Snyder and/or Kansas vs. Mizzou...oh wait, that might just be me...:uhoh:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by <b>Hollis</b>!

Maybe he was tired of seeing every single thread about Quin Snyder and/or Kansas vs. Mizzou...oh wait, that might just be me...:uhoh:
Well, what else is there to talk about? What other things are people talking about here? In all reality, aren't most discussions in this forum generated by mostly KU and MU fans anyways, thus the KU/MU discussions? I'm all for different topics, but you gotta consider the demographics here. If there were more fans (and/or more vocal fans) of different schools, it would probably be different. And I'd prefer it that way. But as it stands, most of the topics concern MU and/or KU, because that's whose fans do the most talking in here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts