Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Honestly think that this season is already over....and if we do luckily make the playoffs then we will be bounced out quickly....I Think we should just play the rest of the season for a high lottery pick....top 5 if possible..just keep losin...then we can get a top notch rookie....and use the nice hunk of change from the antoine deal to sign a top tier free agent we need....That is what i think should be done...next yr Celtics would Own the East

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
lol. I bet Big John would trade Pierce for Dirk in a second.:laugh:

There is no mini Shaq in College right now so getting a bunch of rookies will not improve this team.

Anyone remember when "fans" would say "We need to get veterans to help the young guys" and now it's Rebuild with rookies.

:sleep:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Would Easily trade DIRK for Pierce.
C-Mihm
PF-Dirk
SF-Jiri
SG-Davis
PG-Banks/James

Not to Shabby..I think better than we have now

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!

There is no mini Shaq in College right now so getting a bunch of rookies will not improve this team.

<b>nyone remember when "fans" would say "We need to get veterans to help the young guys" and now it's Rebuild with rookies.</b>

:sleep:
Yes, I remember. I also remember when losing on purpose was taken to mean that one would throw a game - one would invite a "fix", one would take a BET and make sure the outcome was in his favor. In other words, losing on purpose is a bunch of crapppp! :nonono:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
But Dallas wouldn't. You might be able to get Utah to take Pierce in exchange for AK-47, but I think you would also have to give up the Dallas first round pick to induce them to take his salary off of your hands.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dirty Dirk41</b>!
I Honestly think that this season is already over....and if we do luckily make the playoffs then we will be bounced out quickly....I Think we should just play the rest of the season for a high lottery pick....top 5 if possible..just keep losin...then we can get a top notch rookie....and use the nice hunk of change from the antoine deal to sign a top tier free agent we need....That is what i think should be done...next yr Celtics would Own the East
I like to criticize on this topic...
We didn't save anything since we got rid of Walker...and landing a top FA we'd have to get rid of Raef AND Vinny to do that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...Dont we Have like 15mil to spend from the Walker Deal...Or sumthin around there...Who are Some Upcoming free agents that we could possible pick up for that amount of money.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Keep Pierce, Davis, Mihm, Raef, Jiri, Banks, get that lotto pick, sign a key free-agent, dump Vin's contract, return to win around 40. It can work folks, believe! :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sign okur..is he a FA...who will be FA's after the season?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dirty Dirk41</b>!
Well...Dont we Have like 15mil to spend from the Walker Deal...Or sumthin around there...Who are Some Upcoming free agents that we could possible pick up for that amount of money.
I wish man, but we don't. We are about 5 million over the cap...which means we are 5 million away from getting anybody. The only thing we do have is the MLE (5 million-but will only be used for a great guy that can help us win the championship :laugh: )(we could have used it with Walker here too) and the LLE (about 1.6). Also we are 5 million over the cap if Blount and Mihm are NOT signed for next year.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ZWW</b>!
Keep Pierce, Davis, Mihm, Raef, Jiri, Banks, get that lotto pick, sign a key free-agent, dump Vin's contract, return to win around 40. It can work folks, believe! :)

Agreed, that is agood core, but we still need to keep building and fill in the missing pieces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts