Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tmac really needs to come back because this team looks terrible.

juwan howard can't make layups, rebound, or defend. so far this season he's just been garbage.

ryan bowen is not a basketball player. i don't care how much he hustles, he needs to stay away from the court. he finally hit a couple shots but he was open all night without doing much. him just being in the game hurts yao because that means yao is going to be doubled with bowen's man and bowen will miss just about any shot he gets. and for all his hustle, he still isn't good defensively or on the boards. keep him on the bench or even better out of the league.

wesley and barry were both way too hesitant with their shooting. they are going to get open looks with yao in the game and they need to start just throwing them up instead of playing around with the ball. an open 3 on a kickout is a good shot.

anderson definitely isn't hesitating with his shot. he'll throw up anything. the rockets need someone to shoot with tmac out and the team struggling to get yao the ball, but he should at least show some sort of decent shot selection.

head has been great, but even he's trying to do way too much. luther head is not going to be able to carry an nba offense. he needs to focus on taking his shots in the flow of the game and getting yao the ball instead of jacking up contested shots. he's been great on the boards though and hasn't been nearly as bad as anderson with his shot selection.

why is moochie norris playing? he shouldn't be in the nba anymore.

swift has been solid, but nothing special. at least he gives some athletism that all of the rest of the team lacks.

yao hasn't really played great but i think that should be on the guards and van gundy. the guards have to get yao the ball when he has position. they pass up so many chances to get him the ball and when he gets touches it makes things easier on everyone. and van gundy is killing yao by playing bowen. the suns didn't even pretend to guard bowen and just straight up double yao with one guy fronting and the other guy covering the back. there's just nothing yao can do when the other team has a double on him all game and his teammate can't hit a shot.

the rockets really need to do something different because with the way they are playing, they are going to dig themselves in a huge hole before tmac, sura, and alston can come back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
agreed the rockets have to turn something around or i can hear someone saying
lotto.........

what do you think their final record will be? playoffs?

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rockets111 said:
agreed the rockets have to turn something around or i can hear someone saying
lotto.........

what do you think their final record will be? playoffs?
i think the rockets will still make the playoffs and could even get close to 50 wins again, but they need to make some adjustments. bowen needs to either conistantly make wide open shots or not play. and they need to find some way to make yao the center of the offense while tmac is out because that's the only way the rockets will win many games.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
there really isn't anything JVG can do other lineup changes. I can see Swift starting by next week..but truthfully he hasn't done eye-opening to deserve the job; just howard is not playing well.

Luther Head=Mike James...in almost every way. This is why im wondering when Alston is coming back. Im tired of seeing David Wesley bring the ball up the court...this team needs a real pg.

Lately guys having been shooting better...now, its a matter of getting quality shots. That WILL improve when McGrady returns but when is he coming back???

Deke looks like he's already retired. And man does it suck. Last season there were sooooooooo many times when Deke came in and completely changed the flow. This year he's had absolutely no impact at all...

....tonights game for example. Yao being a non factor in the 1st half..Deke would've came in and blocked a couple of shots, grabbed a couple of boards, alter'd about 10 shots, waved the finger a couple of times, served popcorn and kissed a couple of babies.

But instead.....DNP-CD

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tone wone said:
there really isn't anything JVG can do other lineup changes. I can see Swift starting by next week..but truthfully he hasn't done eye-opening to deserve the job; just howard is not playing well.

....tonights game for example. Yao being a non factor in the 1st half..Deke would've came in and blocked a couple of shots, grabbed a couple of boards, alter'd about 10 shots, waved the finger a couple of times, served popcorn and kissed a couple of babies.
but what other coach would have left bowen in for so long when it was obvious he was doing nothing and keeping yao from being effective. go to 4 guards or put in howard or baxter or anyone but bowen wasn't getting anything done but allowing the suns to double yao. and yao did only play like 11 minutes in the first half. mutumbo could have gone in but instead if was swift at center with 4 guards. i just don't understand why he didn't go with 4 guards while yao was in the game.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The rockets need to stop hesitating when their shooting, they give up so many good shots that they ALWAYS drain the shot clock to the point that they end up rushing a shot. The rox need to be more like the suns and just shoot when you get a good look, grant it that they have better shooters, but its worth a try.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am so frustrated. We lost 5-6 games in a row....

Alston needs to come back. We need a PG. Too bad they traded Mike James. He's on fire at Toronto....

Deke can't keep up any more. Yao needs to improve his offense. He needs to learn from Deke.
Anderson contributed now, and Luther Head also. We need Luther and Anderson to step up their play even more. Yao needs to score more and rebound better. And some blocks would be helpful.

I'd say pack Wesley, Howard and Bowen for a good guard and a second round draft pick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts