Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked playing soccer but never been a big fan of watching it, until this year. I watched as much as I could, of the American matches that is. It was great to see how well we did, and it should really open the eyes of the world, and this should go a long way to gaining respect in the sport. As for myself and many other Americans I'm sure the fan base will keep growing as the US keeps becoming better and better. I garuntee you the raitings for the MLS will improve drastically now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope that soccer will indeed get a growing fanbase in the USA. The MLS is a unknown competition to me and a lot of other Europeans. I only watch the Dutch league and I watch on a regular base games of the English League and FA Cup and the Spanish and Italian league. In the Netherlands there is a lot of soccer being broadcasted. If you just want to watch everything on a regular Sunday than you can watch tv from 13:00 to like 23:00. At 13:00 the Dutch League starts, at 15:00 the German league and English league are being broadcasted. On 19:30 there are Dutch games being broadcasted (mostly highlights) and on 20:30 there is Spanish or Italian soccer on television and after this game there are the highlights of other games out of those leagues. And this is just a ordinary Sunday!

Do you understand that a lot of people are complaining that soccer is overexposed in Europe? A lot of sponsors are turning their back towards soccer, cuz it isn't exclusive anymore!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts