Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God the offseason is almost over!! Friday night starts the opening weekend and it looks like 13 A-10 Schools are in action. Any predictions on the weekend record? 11 home games and 2 road games (Dukes and Rams...of the Fordham variety). Given the opponents, I think anything less than 11-2 would be disappointing. I'm predicting a good start, and 12 and 1 record on the weekend.

Did I mention I'm glad the offseason is finally over ???!!!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
12-1? Everyone wins except Duquesne at Georgetown? Possible, but highly unlikely...

My guess is more along the lines as of something like 10-3 like WH predicted, especially given Ferry's comments at DU saying he would work on his rotation early in the year. What I'm presuming by that is that if it takes an extra loss or two OOC, Ferry is willing to do it to find out what he has, and it's possible if not likely we'll take a hit of a game or two that RE wouldn't have yielded OOC.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Albany might be a tough game for the Dukes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12-1? Everyone wins except Duquesne at Georgetown? Possible, but highly unlikely...

My guess is more along the lines as of something like 10-3 like WH predicted, especially given Ferry's comments at DU saying he would work on his rotation early in the year. What I'm presuming by that is that if it takes an extra loss or two OOC, Ferry is willing to do it to find out what he has, and it's possible if not likely we'll take a hit of a game or two that RE wouldn't have yielded OOC.

I thought they were playing at Albany this weekend. The 11 home games don't look too tough. I'm sure there will be some good ones, but mostly looked like buy games. Two road games....hoping for the split. I'm sure 10-3 is more likely, but I'm expecting a stronger start.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Bethune Cookman is going down. Conger is going to make orphans of their children (if they have mothers, they will die of grief).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, just rechecked the schedule. I missed the Georgetown game on Saturday, but WH missed the St. Louis/South Carolina Upstate game.

With that, it is 14 games. I'll call the DU/GU game a LOSS and call it 12-2 for the weekend.

·
Registered
376 Posts
SC Upstate @ SLU on Friday.

Thought it would be a walk in the park but supposedly SC Upstate is supposed to be pretty good this year. They have a SF who is a junior who is appearing on some NBA draft lists. SC Upstate also has K-State and Baylor on the schedule this year so could be a good RPI game for SLU. SC Upstate comes in at #97 in Pomeroy's rankings

Obviously SLU should win, but it'll be a tough first test for Crews to start the season.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
there are 14 games friday-sunday,WH's predictions are in parenthesis

11/9
Duquesne @ Albany (L)
Fordham @ Texas State (L)
Norfolk St @ URI (W)
Charleston Southern @ Charlotte (W)
Liberty @ Richmond (W)
Bethune-Cookman @ St Bonaventure (W)
Florida Gulf Coast @ VCU (W)
Fairleigh Dickinson @ Xavier (W)
USC-Upstate @ Saint Louis (W)

11/10
Elon @ Butler (W)
Arkansas St. @ Dayton (W)
Youngstown St @ George Washington (W)
Delaware @ La Salle (W)

11/11
Duquesnes @ Georgetown (L)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Zing!

The Dukes women's team actually should be very good this year. I believe they are picked 4th in the conference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts