Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I was thinking when watching the Lakers is that they're one of the few teams out there that seems like it might have some role for Thomas. Phil would take a guy like him and make him productive, and god knows they could use another live body.

The downside is they don't seem to have anything to give back that we could use. We could be the next team to foolishly try and get something out of Kwame Brown, but I'd rather not.

What other teams could he actually fill a role on? Not saying a team would give up much for him, but there have to be at least a few places he might be useful as more than just an expiring contract. Then again, maybe not.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
but there have to be at least a few places he might be useful as more than just an expiring contract. Then again, maybe not.
Hmmm thats a hard one, I guess Sacremento could be a home for him. Not sure how long Peja will be staying aroung there, so he could fill a void.

I'm still hoping we put a trade together for Pierce, (Gordon,TT and a draft pick sufficient enough?). We could still hopefully use the rest of our cap space + chew into our MLE to get Nazr Mohammed, which should hopefully cover all our bases.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think thomas has way too big of a contract for other teams to take on. I think once he starts getting some serious minutes he will be ok. I mean, he has to understand that the bulls need to experiment with what they have first. I bet by mid season TT is getting some minutes. But i think he'd fit in good with the lakers. I hate to say it but that team might have the BEST potential of any team in the NBA. They have more young raw talent then anyone in my opinion. And phil is a genius.

·
Registered
78 Posts
And i mean it seems that paul pierce and KG have been "talked" about for years. I dont really think that theres a realistic chance of either of them coming to the windy city. Do you guys? I cant see it. Maybe i'm wrong

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Near the end, especially in losing situations most teams end up trading their superstar player. KG is locked away for a long while, so they'd only do it if right offer comes along, but as for Pierce, the Celtics almost traded him last year in the offseason. They're the one team i can see in the future parting ways with their "franchise" player, as they seem set on being a young team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts