Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
6,449 Posts
I'd like for him to be a Net. He'll add more toughness to the team & provide some veteran leadership that could prove valuable to Nenad's growth.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
Infinet said:
This may be somewhat of an overstatement, but he could be the missing piece that makes us an ECF contender or an NBA finals contender.
I don't think he qualifies for the post season.

-Petey

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Netted- said:
He wouldn't be playoff eligible since Toronto waived him so late, but he could help cut Collins and Cliffy's minutes until the playoffs arrive. That's if he's healthy.
ANd watching Robinson, Collins and Krstic pick up 16 personals last night might have moved things along.

· Banned
4,073 Posts
Antonio Davis wouldn't be playoff eligible, but he could supply depth 'til the end of the regular season and for next on a thin bench.

The big question is how much more does he have left in his tank and what kind of money does he want to play out the string.

Thorn'd have some answers after he clears waivers Saturday. Personally, I'd favor his acquisition if he drinks the same Geritol Cliffy's getting.

· Registered
8,452 Posts
NetIncome said:
ANd watching Robinson, Collins and Krstic pick up 16 personals last night might have moved things along.
The thought of Murray having to play center was killing me last night.

The question is do you take someone like Davis who can't play in the playoffs or do you go with a Chenowith or Fizer type that can come in and play in the post season if you have an injury?

If you go with the Chenowith/Fizer type now then you have a few weeks for them to get acclimated. If you go with Davis and someone gets hurt then you need to go with the a Chenowith/Fizer type for the post season not knowing anything about what you do.

If you go with Davis, he could actually be of help and make an impact now.

Tough call.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NBASCOUT2005 said:
The big question is how much more does he have left in his tank and what kind of money does he want to play out the string.
Vets minimum is all he would get...all the Nets have to offer. Pro-rated, it would be about $100,000 for the rest of the year.

· Registered
8,452 Posts
Netted- said:

The question is do you take someone like Davis who can't play in the playoffs or do you go with a Chenowith or Fizer type that can come in and play in the post season if you have an injury?

If you go with the Chenowith/Fizer type now then you have a few weeks for them to get acclimated. If you go with Davis and someone gets hurt then you need to go with the a Chenowith/Fizer type for the post season not knowing anything about what you do.

Tough call.
The more I think about it I think you need to go with the Chenowith/Fizer type. I doubt Davis would want to play for a team to make a $100K and have a shot at a ring for only helping finish out the season. The guy is coming off a $14mm paycheck and has pride. If he could be playoff eligable that would be different.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
NetIncome said:
Vets minimum is all he would get...all the Nets have to offer. Pro-rated, it would be about $100,000 for the rest of the year.
I thought the Nets still had part of their MLE left, McInnis didn't get it all.

-Petey

· Burned
18,770 Posts
If the Nets are going to bring in a player to sit on the bench incase of an emergency, I'd rather he be playoff eligible.

I really have no interest in Davis coming here at this point.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Netted- said:

Tough call.
Chenowith and Fizer are two types. I liked the idea of getting Chenowith. He's 7'1" and a real center. Fizer is 6'7" and an undersized power forward. [Also, Fizer didnt get along with his coaches in Chicago...that would be Bill Cartwright.]

· Registered
1,504 Posts
The NETS need another big,and after last night game that was pretty obvious.(foul troubles)

Tractor,Fizer,Davis,etc.

The problems with Davis he cant play in the PLAYOFFS.He should be a great add to the team,especially when you play vs the HEAT(SHAQ)

The NETS need another big,period

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mr.Montross said:
I believe AD will sign with Bulls for remainder of the season.

Just my opinion.
There were reports earlier that the Bulls werent interested and you might know the answer to this question: If a player is signed after the deadlne for playoff rosters, can he replace a player who was on the roster but is found to have suffered a season-ending injury? Say like Jeff McInnis?

· Banned
4,073 Posts
NetIncome said:
There were reports earlier that the Bulls werent interested and you might know the answer to this question: If a player is signed after the deadlne for playoff rosters, can he replace a player who was on the roster but is found to have suffered a season-ending injury? Say like Jeff McInnis?
Now you're talking a med-excep. If the NETS are gonna go down that road, why not a younger, stronger and more active player? If not avail, then I suppose AD'll have to do. Maybe Cliffy'd share his bottle of Geritol.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Now you're talking a med-excep. If the NETS are gonna go down that road, why not a younger, stronger and more active player? If not avail, then I suppose AD'll have to do. Maybe Cliffy'd share his bottle of Geritol.
No, I am not talking about a medical exception. A little knowledge is dangerous thing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.