Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Rod's college days at WVU:

"Thorn had an awkward two-handed shooting style people called the “Thornderbolt.” He learned to shoot that way as a young kid because he wasn’t strong enough to shoot the ball with one hand."

... "Thornderbolt"... I like it. We should still be using that today. :D

Check out the rest at the link below... an interesting little Bio on Rod.

http://www.wvuvarsityclub.com/profiles/thorn_rod.html

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Tomorrow, Thorn visits practice and teaches the entire team the "Thornderbolt".

The Nets then go on a tremendous winning streak (mostly in montage form) and make it to the NBA finals.

When they get there, the Spurs unveil the "Pop-O-Matic" defense their coach learned from his grandfather back when he was just a little boy in a flashback.

With the "Thornderbolt" rendered useless, the Nets lose the first three games of the series (again in montage form).

After game three, Zoran gives the famous "girls no like loser, we win now" speech in the locker room. It causes the team to look deep into their souls and the Nets win the next three games without their "secret weapon".

With the Spurs winning by 10 in the 4th quarter of game seven, the situation looks hopeless.

Right then, ex-Net Gheorge Muresan makes his way out of the stands.

After beating several security guards unconscious (in a humorous manner, obviously) he bends waaaaaaaaaay down and whispers something in Lawrence Frank's ear.

Frank calls timeout and quickly teaches everyone the "Muresandwich Technique", which of course neutralizes the "Pop-O-Matic" defense completely.

The Nets win the game on a buzzer beater by Antoine Wright, who plays his first minute in four months since the "Muresandwich Technique" causes all the other players to foul out.

A movie is then released starring George Clooney as Rod Thorn and Michael Clarke Duncan as Marc Jackson.

It grosses $200,000,000 and Ratner's cut allows him to buy all the politicians in Brooklyn.

Corey Haim is apparently interested in reprising his role as Lawrence Frank in the direct to DVD sequel, where he coaches a rag tag band of eskimos against the "Los Angeles Locos" in an effort to save their village's orphanage.

Reactions: cpawfan

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
He still looks the same

Back then he looked like he was 70 years old

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
AJC NYC said:
He still looks the same

Back then he looked like he was 70 years old

LOL. This guy became a powerful executive. Who could have guessed that?

The stats he piled up at WVU were really impressive! Jerry West is one of the greatest guards of all time, and Thorn did not embarass himself playing right after him.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
ghoti said:
Tomorrow, Thorn visits practice and teaches the entire team the "Thornderbolt".

The Nets then go on a tremendous winning streak (mostly in montage form) and make it to the NBA finals.

When they get there, the Spurs unveil the "Pop-O-Matic" defense their coach learned from his grandfather back when he was just a little boy in a flashback.

With the "Thornderbolt" rendered useless, the Nets lose the first three games of the series (again in montage form).

After game three, Zoran gives the famous "girls no like loser, we win now" speech in the locker room. It causes the team to look deep into their souls and the Nets win the next three games without their "secret weapon".

With the Spurs winning by 10 in the 4th quarter of game seven, the situation looks hopeless.

Right then, ex-Net Gheorge Muresan makes his way out of the stands.

After beating several security guards unconscious (in a humorous manner, obviously) he bends waaaaaaaaaay down and whispers something in Lawrence Frank's ear.

Frank calls timeout and quickly teaches everyone the "Muresandwich Technique", which of course neutralizes the "Pop-O-Matic" defense completely.

The Nets win the game on a buzzer beater by Antoine Wright, who plays his first minute in four months since the "Muresandwich Technique" causes all the other players to foul out.

A movie is then released starring George Clooney as Rod Thorn and Michael Clarke Duncan as Marc Jackson.

It grosses $200,000,000 and Ratner's cut allows him to buy all the politicians in Brooklyn.

Corey Haim is apparently interested in reprising his role as Lawrence Frank in the direct to DVD sequel, where he coaches a rag tag band of eskimos against the "Los Angeles Locos" in an effort to save their village's orphanage.
*Edit*

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
If you have a problem with any post on this board, PM a mod.

Do not attempt to mod the board yourself.

·
Registered
486 Posts
DoctorJay said:
From Rod's college days at WVU:

"Thorn had an awkward two-handed shooting style people called the “Thornderbolt.” He learned to shoot that way as a young kid because he wasn’t strong enough to shoot the ball with one hand."

... "Thornderbolt"... I like it. We should still be using that today. :D

Check out the rest at the link below... an interesting little Bio on Rod.

http://www.wvuvarsityclub.com/profiles/thorn_rod.html
LMAO I think I have shot using the thornderbolt. I had the ugliest shot in middleschool since I used both hands to shoot the ball. Wow and I thought I was the only one.... maybe I will become a awesome GM too. Only recently have I tried to fix my shot as I am sure Thorn soon realized it is much less accurate than the normal shot. Though I could shoot at a fairly good clip using it when I was playing a lot of BBall.

-TheMo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts