Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not taking warrick in the draft, resigning uncle cliff, the sar disaster, signing murry...passing on swift
look at us now...stumblebums wit nowhere to fall....a lame duck franchise....we should be up in arms
.....but withall that being said..... we still gotta root for our home team.......LETS GO NETS

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
NEWARK NETS said:
not taking warrick in the draft, resigning uncle cliff, the sar disaster, signing murry...passing on swift
look at us now...stumblebums wit nowhere to fall....a lame duck franchise....we should be up in arms
.....but withall that being said..... we still gotta root for our home team.......LETS GO NETS
What have Warrick, SAR & Swift done this season?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
cpawfan said:
What have Warrick, SAR & Swift done this season?
Enough to warrant time on their teams active roster?

-Petey

Reactions: The_Black_Pinoy

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Krakista said:
We're 10 games already into the season and you're still blabbering about the off-season.
Carter went down tonight.

Not signing SAR as another offensive weapon really hurt tonight.

I'm sure everyone here had an inkling that there was a chance we'd have games like this, this year.

-Petey

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
listen to these names ........ vaugn johnson murry robinson padgett jackson wright......
in todays nba you cant have a bench full of bums if you want to compete for the title.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
SAR was a mess. The players that we could really have used May, CV(not my favorite but I am wrong so far) were drafted before the Net's pick. Murry was not smart but not terrible. Padget is fairly decent in my book, MJax a decent recovery, McInnis not to bad(with Zoran they look decent). Wright is a rookie and would guess we will see him some if Carter is out, I don't think he can earn a lot of time behind RJ and VC so we have to wait and see.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
ThatNetGuy said:
SAR was a mess. The players that we could really have used May, CV(not my favorite but I am wrong so far) were drafted before the Net's pick. Murry was not smart but not terrible. Padget is fairly decent in my book, MJax a decent recovery, McInnis not to bad(with Zoran they look decent). Wright is a rookie and would guess we will see him some if Carter is out, I don't think he can earn a lot of time behind RJ and VC so we have to wait and see.
The fact that CV is unable to grow any hair on his body is just a cool added bonus!

He has some condition!

-Petey

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
NEWARK NETS said:

Yeah...we sure are missing that loser swift...great post

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
For the most part, these were low-cost solutions. While few teams have much success finding diamonds in the rough, Thorn has admittedly done a very poor job at signing minimum-salary-type players (that is, LLE and veteran's minimum salaries). If you take a look at the "Rod Thorn Report Card" that NetIncome posts every now and then (and might be on the NetsDaily blog), and just rearrange it by type of acquisition, you'll see that the LLE and minimum-wage signings have been all horrible since Thorn came to the Nets. But again, unless some former superstar is willing to take just $1 million or so to try to win a championship--a practice I despise, by the way--there isn't much out there for any team at that price level.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts