Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rick Pitino takes leave of absence because of health concerns

Louisville coach Rick Pitino is taking an indefinite leave of absence for health reasons.

"I have been in excruciating pain the last three or four games," Pitino said Monday. "It's getting worse day by day."

Pitino, 51, said the pain was "urological related," and that he had been coaching with it for four to five months. He said doctors have ruled out prostate cancer, but he would be seeking treatment at the Cleveland Clinic.

The Cardinals have won 15 straight games after a season-opening loss to Iowa. They beat Tennessee 65-62 Sunday night.

"Last night, I was doubled over in pain," Pitino said.

It may not seem like a big deal, but in my eyes, anything to make Pitino take a leave of absence from coaching has got be serious.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
never been a big fan of his, but that sucks. I wish him well

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I wonder if its kidney stones. Whatever it is, I hope he can get back to the bench for the tourney. I'm sure he'll come back as soon as he possibly can. Health and family before hoops.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks like it was nothing serious since he is (apparently) going to be back for their game on Saturday. I wonder what it was that could be corrected that quickly?

My father-in-law was having chest pains one time and had all these tests done.... only to find out it was just a strained muscle. Could have been something like that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As a UofK fan you gotta love Rick even though he is with the enemy. He is one of the best recruiters ever! I wish Rick the best and hope for a speedy recovery. But like the previous poster I seen on ESPN this morning that he could be back as early as Saturday's game.

Im a newb to this board, so I would just like to say whats up to all the Memphis Grizzlies and Kentucky Wildcats fans on here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.