Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Keyon Dooling is the shizny, he just needs PT.
2.Mako Jaric can play PG easily, when Sani Becirovic is on the floor he almost always plays SG and Jaric plays PG.
3.Maggette has to go, Corey is my 3rd favorite on the Clipps but he has no place, the Wizards are willing to give up a lot and I say take it.
4.Ely should be traded, he likes to be the center of attention on offense and the Clipps have enough offense, trade him to Cleveland for Diop, and Ricky Davis in a sign and trade since Davis is holding out it isn't a problem throwing him in. and then trade Davis to Denver or Chicago for a 1st pick.
5.hold on to Wilcox, the man can play,he's only 19 and in a worst case scenario could hold down center if Kandi has to be traded next year.
6.give Brand a 7 year 63 million contract and Odom a 7 year 60 million contract and give Kandi a 6 year 70 million contract, those are their respective values if they were to sign elsewhere.
7. have Piatkowski do shooting drills with Miles,Wilcox,and Dooling
8. tell Sterling that you can still make a 82% profit by paying your players and getting the playoff bonuses.

and for a game plan:
1.Trade Corey Maggette to Washington for their 2003 1st Pick and Etan Thomas
2. Trade Etan Thomas to Orlando for the pick owed to them, Sacramento's 2003 1st Pick, and Jerryl Sasser.
3. Trade Melvin Ely and Jerryl Sasser to Cleveland for DeSagana Diop and Ricky Davis.
4. Trade Ricky Davis to Chiacago for their 2003 1st Pick, and Jamal Crawford (and a future 2nd if it's not pushing it)
5. and IF Lamar Odom can't get it together next year, trade him, up to 3 of the 1st picks in 2003, and Q for Lebron James
6. Trade Kandi for Sophocles Schortsianitis (or maybe Kresimir Loncar or Kosta Perovic, but Schortsianitis is preffered) and a cap filler in the 2004 draft

this gives the Clipps a optimal lineup of:
PG Jaric Dooling
SG James Piatkowski
SF Miles Fowlkes
PF Brand Wilcox
C Diop Schortsianitis
and five roster spots, 4 of them would be filled by the 2 remaining 2003 1st picks and the 2003 and 2004 2nd picks unless they are traded

Just thoughts maybe not realistic but you never know, and about the trade for James, Odom's value should go back up after the first month of the season when he shows the Cavs and Hrnets why they were dumb not to go after him.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
What???? Every time you get someone from a trade, you trade them again. That's not going to happen. Well I guess it's very creative.:yes: Nice creative thinking:yes: .

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you can make those two trades three ways, but if you look at typical transactions it makes more sense to do a chain trade, but the three ways still work with the exacpt players because none of them are high salary players that would change such trades....as for any of them happening, according to Insider the Nugz are seeking out Ricky Davis but can't give him an offer because Cleveland will mathc so they want a three way deal to aquire Davis and give up wither their 03 1st or James Posey and in the process they want to get rid of Mark Jackson's salary so things are looking good for the Clipps if they orchestrated that trade.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by TheGoods

3.Maggette has to go, Corey is my 3rd favorite on the Clipps but he has no place, the Wizards are willing to give up a lot and I say take it.
I agree 100%

4.Ely should be traded, he likes to be the center of attention on offense and the Clipps have enough offense, trade him to Cleveland for Diop, and Ricky Davis in a sign and trade since Davis is holding out it isn't a problem throwing him in. and then trade Davis to Denver or Chicago for a 1st pick.
I disagree 100%.

Wilcox averaged 9boards and 3blocks per game last year. And, Ely has been quoted as saying his favorite part of playing basketball is banging down low and playing defense. Just because he can score, does not mean he has to have the ball. He is a defensive minded player. And that is why he needs to be kept.

And even if you did trade him, you aren't going to get Davis and Diop for him.

Ely needs to be kept.

5.hold on to Wilcox, the man can play,he's only 19 and in a worst case scenario could hold down center if Kandi has to be traded next year.
Wilcox can NOT play C. He is 6'9(in shoes) and weighs 218lbs. Not tall enough, not big enough, not strong enough. He cannot play C. Thats why I give the edge to Ely. Ely can play the 4 and 5.

I do agree with 1 and 2 as well.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RD:

Istole the Avitar from you:grinning: . But that's off-topic, what I wanted to say was that Ely is valuable to keep, but would you trade Wilcox in that same deal, because as we all know he will lose some trade value if he sits on the bench like Rodney White....I think that if the Clipps can get Diop and Denver's 2003 1st for Wilcox and Jerryl Sasser they should do it, it clears cap and gives a clear shot at Lebron.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nah, it's cool. It was just weird cuz I scrolled down and saw that pic, and usually it means its a post of mine, and obviously it wasn't.

Anyway, would I trade Wilcox in that deal?

I would move Wilcox in any deal that is fair cuz I dont think he is going to be happy sitting on the bench and I do think he is expendable. While I agree that he is the better player than Ely, I believe Ely has more value to this team cuz of his ability to play both the 4 and 5.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree for the Clipps Ely is more valuable if he understands his place. And about the Avitar, I have the LO between the legs dunk MPEG and I'm going to make a Avitar out of it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
LO had a between the legs dunk? I dont believe Ive seen that. I didnt think LO even had that flair to his game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts