Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have a feeling this could be the year if St. Joseph's gets a No. 1 seed and plays a No. 16 with some talent in their frontcourt?

It's St. Joes only weakness and a 16th seed is bound to win a first-round game one of these years. Seems like a distinct possibility to me.

Anybody know of any potential 16 seeds that feature a skilled big man that could cause St. Joes problems if they were to meet?

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
anythign can happen. High Point a 16 seed had Kansas down its ropes a couple years ago in the first round for that year when Kansas went to the final four to lose to maryland

·
Registered
443 Posts
In short, I dont see the team. The 16's will likely come from MEAC, SWAC, NEC, Patriot, Big South. I can't think of a big man that fits your description in any of those leagues. Maybe Thurman Zimmerman at SC State is closest thing but he's only 6'6.

What can happen is that a sub.500 or so team gets hot in conf. tourney from a better conference but still gets a 16 seed. A team out of the Ohio Valley or Big West or a conference like that. I think that would be your best shot.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!
anythign can happen. High Point a 16 seed had Kansas down its ropes a couple years ago in the first round for that year when Kansas went to the final four to lose to maryland
High Point? It was Holy Cross.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

you right, a few years back, Kansas had to play high point too as 1-16 gameI got confused

·
Registered
8,669 Posts

you right, a few years back, Kansas had to play high point too as 1-16 gameI got confused
Interesting point, because I swear I am currently looking at the SN College Basketball Mag and it says under High Point "Last NCAA appearance - None"

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

It seems like every year holy cross almost upsets a number 1 seed.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

Man you don't seem to even know who Kansas has played in the last couple of years, do you?

2003 - #2 Seed beat #15 seed Utah State
2002 - #1 Seed beat #16 seed Holy Cross
2001 - #4 Seed beat #13 seed Cal-State Northridge
2000 - #8 Seed beat #9 seed DePaul
1999 - #6 Seed beat #11 seed Evansville
1998 - #1 Seed beat #16 seed Prairie View
1997 - #1 Seed beat #16 seed Jackson State

Also, High Point didn't become an NCAA Div. I program till the mid 90's joining the Big South. They weren't even eligible for the conference tournament till two years ago (when they came in with Elon). So they have never been to the NCAA tournament ever.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!

Man you don't seem to even know who Kansas has played in the last couple of years, do you?

2003 - #2 Seed beat #15 seed Utah State
2002 - #1 Seed beat #16 seed Holy Cross
2001 - #4 Seed beat #13 seed Cal-State Northridge
2000 - #8 Seed beat #9 seed DePaul
1999 - #6 Seed beat #11 seed Evansville
1998 - #1 Seed beat #16 seed Prairie View
1997 - #1 Seed beat #16 seed Jackson State

Also, High Point didn't become an NCAA Div. I program till the mid 90's joining the Big South. They weren't even eligible for the conference tournament till two years ago (when they came in with Elon). So they have never been to the NCAA tournament ever.
it was a freaking mistake, damn

·
Registered
311 Posts
nobody's safe this year with Prov. over UConn and Richmond with Kansas, There is no great team this year in college bball.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This would be a crazy situation...... Its not very likely mind you but here goes.....

Number 16 Holy Cross coached by Ralph Willard take on Number 1 Louisville lead by interim coach Kevin Willard. That would be an interesting matchup. I wonder if a father and son have ever coached against each other in the tourney??

I wonder how that matchup would play out. Im pretty sure Louisville has their way with Holy Cross, but it would make for good storylines.

Well, thats enough of my rants.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Speaking of Providence and Richmond, that was a hell of a game, Providence won by two as i remember after Richmond fouled Sickle Kabbaa in a 56-56 game with 3 tenths of a second left on the clock. What a game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts