Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's everyone's thoughts on Ron so far as far as how he has looked out on the court both physically and mentally. I don't live in Indy, so I don't get to watch all the games. Have there been any mental breakdowns yet at all from him that were questionable? Do we think he is keeping his head where it should be? Thoughts?

·
Registered
471 Posts
He is an AMAZING basketball player. His strength over other makes him very dominant. He either gets the bucket or they have to foul him. Pretty much all the time. He really is a one of a kind player and I don't think he's ever played better. I don't even think he is all the Ron Artest he can be. Mentally Ron Artest is very relaxed and cool. Every game he'll be giving high fives to fans of the other teams. I am 100% confident he will not screw up. To sum it up Ron Artest is just great, I'm so glad we have him back.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
He's been great. A lot of people view Artest as a tinderbox, but ironically he's been the most dependable player on the team. There are a few things I've seen from the Pacers this year that I haven't liked, but Ron has pretty much nothing to do with any of them.

·
6,804 Posts
I think my man Ronnie is doing a great job, both on offense as well as defense....
and he is only going to get better as the season grows older...
I love his passion for the gamem, and he's easily on his way to an MVP like season.....

Go PaCeRs!!!!!!!!!

·
God
2,742 Posts
I have liked what i have seen. When he is on the court, our offense is clearly better and on defense obviously we're better. He is the peice we were missing and thankfully he's back.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes he is the missing link.

He will be fine this year I think, mostly because he is under a microscope. I for one tho, am not worried about him one bit. He should be an all-star this year.

·
Registered
993 Posts
His only problem thus far... Freethrow shooting... but we really need him to get that in check... he is the most fouled Pacer... we need those free points.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You would never of known he sat out for a whole season. Jackson might be having some trouble adjusting to him being back, but that will work itself out. I also like Jackson moving to the third option on offense. He is inconsistent and us not counting on him as much is nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Birdman said:
I wouldn't say inconsistent, he has his bad games but nothing to serious. When Jack is on though, he is on.

I like Jackson a lot, I just think he is hot one game cold the next. What is nice is that we get scoring from several different players. If he has a bad night, it does not kill us.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
The Birdman said:
I wouldn't say inconsistent, he has his bad games but nothing to serious. When Jack is on though, he is on.
That's what inconsistent is.

When he's hot, he's hot, and when he's not, he's not. Jackson doesn't seem to have too many in-between games. He can often have 2-3 bad games, while then having a streak of 4 good games.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Jackson's numbers are all higher than Reggie's right now... sans freethrows (which is really what we need though lately)... he is taking roughly the same ammount of shot attempts that Reggie did... and he is shooting higher percentages than Reggie did... both from 3 and 2. Jax is playing his role well... JO, Jax, and Ron are the only guys on our team that are playing their roles well right now... the rest of our team just needs some time to learn their new roles. Everyone, I mean everyone is playing a new role this year than they did last... it's gonna take some time to work the kinks out... thank God this is happening sooner, rather than later... We are still contenders... just with the worst record of the contenders... but that will change... you never know when this team may go off and win 15 straight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts