Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't much of a Rocket fan until this year when they aquired my favorite player Ryan Bowen :biggrin:

alright Tmac...this with the trading of Chris Webber(that damn peja :curse: ), im now a full fledge rocket fan

They started pretty slow, they made some personel changes..but most importantly they made Tmac the 1st option...and allowed Yao to grow at his own pace....and this worked

starting in late december-early january the team started to click and really made a move in the standings....but they did this while Yao was more of a role player than the number 2 option...
...the highlight of the season was the 4 game road trip out west ( at seattle, phoenix, sacramento, and golden state)...while winning all 4 games Yao played really well; especially against seattle and phoenix..

..but since then he's been kinda average....the team has actually played better with Mutuombo on the floor rather than Yao, and this is cause for concern...not for this season, but for the future...since it looks like T-mac gonna be in houston for a while, there gonna need Yao to be special if they want the team to be special....considering how old this team is besides Yao and Tmac..in the future there gonna be relying on those two more...right now Yao's play is very up and down...

...so what do you guys think of Yao and the Rockets in general

reply people...im tryna do "penny, kobe, and wade..yet wherever shaq goes his teams win" numbers :biggrin:

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
tone wone said:
I wasn't much of a Rocket fan until this year when they aquired my favorite player Ryan Bowen :biggrin:

reply people...im tryna do "penny, kobe, and wade..yet wherever shaq goes his teams win" numbers :biggrin:
Mutombo and Barry need to play more minutes because they are FAs. Yao want to let Mutombo play more minutes, therefore he intentionally gets fouls.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ballscientist said:
Mutombo and Barry need to play more minutes because they are FAs. Yao want to let Mutombo play more minutes, therefore he intentionally gets fouls.
What???????

·
Registered
375 Posts
tone wone said:

alright Tmac...this with the trading of Chris Webber(that damn peja :curse: ), im now a full fledge rocket fan

They started pretty slow, they made some personel changes..but most importantly they made Tmac the 1st option...and allowed Yao to grow at his own pace....and this worked

starting in late december-early january the team started to click and really made a move in the standings....but they did this while Yao was more of a role player than the number 2 option...
...the highlight of the season was the 4 game road trip out west ( at seattle, phoenix, sacramento, and golden state)...while winning all 4 games Yao played really well; especially against seattle and phoenix..

..but since then he's been kinda average....the team has actually played better with Mutuombo on the floor rather than Yao, and this is cause for concern...not for this season, but for the future...since it looks like T-mac gonna be in houston for a while, there gonna need Yao to be special if they want the team to be special....considering how old this team is besides Yao and Tmac..in the future there gonna be relying on those two more...right now Yao's play is very up and down...

...so what do you guys think of Yao and the Rockets in general

I think Yao is just going to be up and down for the short term... he gets up for big games against good frontcourt players and does really well, then just kinda cruises with the average ones.

More than anything, I think Yao just needs a summer off.... work on his game here in the US. He needs to learn to not to contest every shot (thus getting into foul trouble) and try to be more selfish. I think he has it in him to be that leader (as seen from the olympics) who leads the team to a championship.

·
Banned
336 Posts
crimsonice said:
I think Yao is just going to be up and down for the short term... he gets up for big games against good frontcourt players and does really well, then just kinda cruises with the average ones.

More than anything, I think Yao just needs a summer off.... work on his game here in the US. He needs to learn to not to contest every shot (thus getting into foul trouble) and try to be more selfish. I think he has it in him to be that leader (as seen from the olympics) who leads the team to a championship.
Just made a post on that

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Let me say I'm the first to defend Yao from all this bandwagon Yao-hating. However, his performance during the last week or so has been cause for concern. I'm concerned that instead of teaching Yao what to do, Van Gundy lets him make the same mistakes every game and then toss Mutombo in for big minutes. Yao needs a teacher on that bench, and Ewing and Van Gundy aren't the answer. Not saying Van Gundy shouldn't be the Rockets coach. I'm saying that if JVG is our coach, we need a big man with experience to teach Yao how to play the game as a big man in the center.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
yao is still the 2nd best center so im not so down on him but last week wasnt to good nxt yr we will no if he can get 20 and 10 a night.. first 3 yrs is to get to know the nba and get better. yao is still very young and so is tmac so as long as we have them we will be fine. if we still dont get far in the nxt 2 yrs we should look at phil jackson as our coach. i think we are fune and going in a great direction. yall rember like 2 or 3 yrs ago wow. we are built for playoffs so we wil see what happens then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts