Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to tell whether the buzz circulating about Kevin Garnett being up for sale will ever amount to anything, but I'd like to know what you think is the fairest and most plausible deal if something were to happen.

1) Garnett to New Jersey for Martin, Van Horn and Kittles

2) Garnett to Portland for Wallace, Patterson and Wells

3) Garnett to Dallas for Finley, Nash and Bradley

4) Garnett to Boston for Walker and Baker

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
What about with Sacramento? They could probably offer the most for him. Maybe a Peja Stojakovic/Mike Bibby/Gerald Wallace for Kevin Garnett deal would work. Imagine the forward tandem of Webber/KG! :eek:

Bobby Jackson
Hedo Turkoglu
Kevin Garnett
Chris Webber
Vlade Divac

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jericho</b>!
Hard to tell whether the buzz circulating about Kevin Garnett being up for sale will ever amount to anything, but I'd like to know what you think is the fairest and most plausible deal if something were to happen.

1) Garnett to New Jersey for Martin, Van Horn and Kittles

2) Garnett to Portland for Wallace, Patterson and Wells

3) Garnett to Dallas for Finley, Nash and Bradley

4) Garnett to Boston for Walker and Baker
My thoughts
1) Great for NJ. Championship? 10 years in Lottery for Minnesota.
2) Most fair. Can KG play in Portland? He isn't a felon. Isn't there a some rule that keeps stand up guys from playing there? Portland has too much talent and no chemistry. Could Wallace, Wells and Wally co-exist?
3) Dallas needs a old school PF/C who rebounds, posts up and bangs. Don't see this trade providing that. Do you really want 2 similar players in KG and Dirk on same team?
4) Bad for both teams.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Why do people seem to think Garnett is worth a Finley & Nash. Even thought the team is now recieving its respect as a whole I do not believe people respect the individial play of the Mavericks players. There is no way in Hades this would ever happen...Sorry.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
That trade that was Garnett to the Kings is ridiculous. There is no way that the Kings would give up Peja and Bibby.

Garnett isn't worth Peja and Bibby or Finley and Nash. The Portland trade would b e best for both teams, because it unloads Portland of some of there star players that weren't allowing other guys any playing time. This is what Minnesota and Portland's lineup would look like in that trade:

PORTLAND
PG: Stoudamire/Daniels
SG: Anderson/Woods
SF: Pippen/Woods
PF: Garnett/Randolph/Kemp
C: Davis/Kemp/Randolph

MINNESOTA
PG: Brandon/???/Marcus Taylor
SG: Wells/Peeler
SF: Sczcerbiak/Patterson
PF: Wallace/Trent
C: Jackson/Nesterovic

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!
That trade that was Garnett to the Kings is ridiculous. There is no way that the Kings would give up Peja and Bibby.

Garnett isn't worth Peja and Bibby or Finley and Nash.
I agree...Garnett's not THAT good...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts