Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Chauncey Billups, Detriot Pistons

Votes: 10 16.1%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

NEW YORK, Jan. 22 – Two-time defending champion Peja Stojakovic of the Sacramento Kings highlights a field of six in the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, to be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online, Feb, 14 at STAPLES Center.

Rounding out the star-studded field will be Seattle’s Brent Barry, Detroit’s Chauncey Billups, Denver’s Voshon Lenard, Seattle’s Rashard Lewis and Houston’s Cuttino Mobley. Stojakovic will be attempting to join Larry Bird and Craig Hodges as the only players to win the competition in three consecutive years.

2004 FOOT LOCKER THREE-POINT SHOOTOUT COMPETITORS

Brent Barry, Seattle
70-159 .440

Chauncey Billups, Detroit
81-187 .433

Voshon Lenard, Denver
72-183 .393

Rashard Lewis, Seattle
68-177 .384

Cuttino Mobley, Houston
79-204 .387

Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento
111-258 .430

More

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I wish they'd get Ray Allen in it.

Anyone can get hot and take it, but Peja is definetly the favorite.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i think barry has a good shot as well...if you notice he has a better percentage than peja, so u cant underestimate him

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Brent is Peja's only "competition" truthfully.. The NBA set this up so Peja could have a 3-peat.. Obviously :laugh:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
i think barry has a good shot as well...if you notice he has a better percentage than peja, so u cant underestimate him
Come on man, 1% difference?!:laugh:. I know anyone can take it but if I were betting there's no doubt who'd I put my money on.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!

Come on man, 1% difference?!:laugh:. I know anyone can take it but if I were betting there's no doubt who'd I put my money on.
i agree with you that he has the best chance, all i said was u cant underestimate barry.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Cat is a great spot-up shooter and I think he could do pretty well in this.

Barry wasn't all that great last year. He just scraped-by until he was eventually overtaken.

I think it will come down to Peja and Mobley.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
Cat is a great spot-up shooter and I think he could do pretty well in this.

Barry wasn't all that great last year. He just scraped-by until he was eventually overtaken.

I think it will come down to Peja and Mobley.
The problem with Mobley is that his release is very slow: He won't miss many shots but won't be able to finish.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Peja with an outside shot for a supersonic.

The event kind of favors the taller shooters who don't have to jump that much for their shot. Rashard Lewis could do suprisingly well. Assuming he's not in a slump going into the event.

I think it's kind of messed up that there are 2 Sonics coming to the event. And neither of them is Ray Allen.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I'm surprised no one from Dallas is in the contest

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The only guy that has a shot at beating Peja is Ray Allen, and he isn't in the competition.

Peja will beat Lenard in the Finals, that's my prediction.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
I think Brent is Peja's only "competition" truthfully.. The NBA set this up so Peja could have a 3-peat.. Obviously :laugh:
Ummm no. Not at all. Have you ever watched even highlights of Billups, or Lenard? Why would the league set it up. I can see Lenard winning this easily and if Billups is hot then they should just give him the award early and give the dunk contest more time.

:rolleyes:

Yep, I'm busting out the eye-roller at this post.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
The three best shooters are Peja, Chauncey, and Barry.

Billups has a quick release and doesn't jump much which makes him a real threat.

Brent Barry has a slower shot and extends his arms a lot which puts him at a disadvantage.

So basically I think it will come down to Peja and Chauncey.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Peja will win.

if barry wins though, will he be the first to win the dunk contest and 3 point contest?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Man what a crock, Billups, Rashard, Barry, Mobley?

Deck seems stacked in Peja's favor

What are they doing in this contest over Houston, Allen,Redd, Fisher, Nash, Spree... anyway, at least they omitted Walker.

How awesome would it be to have Peja, houston, allen, redd and ( your vote here) in a contest.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts