Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the game of the year so far is tcu vs northwestern. one of the things that struck me was the attendance (or lack thereof) at this game. i don't get it. tcu is coming off of a HUGELY successful season, they return a great deal of last year's team, expectations are high, it's opening day, their undefeated, and close to a third of the stadium is empty. WHAT GIVES???

the people that were there saw a thriller between two bowl teams from last season. northwestern needs to work on their kicking game. five missed field goals attributed to a double o.t. loss. the offense was great on both sides of the ball. i don't know if that is attributed to both offenses being good or both defenses being poor, or both.

northwestern could struggle in the big ten. for tcu, every game on their schedule looks to be a winnable game and they could be looking at their third straight 10+ win season.

utah steamrolled texas a&m. it was really never even a game. in all honesty the 41-21 score doesn't indicate how lopsided the game really was. utah is another team that is likely to be favored in the rest of their games this season. they are one of the non bcs teams that is looking to crash the bcs party.

ball state hung in there against boston college. the final score was 19-11, which was a bit surprising. ball state is not expected to be a top tier teams in the mac, but they gave bc somewhat of a scare in their season opener.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts