Votes: 2 16.7%
  • none

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the sixers and new york just being routed by new jersey and san antonio, we're tied with philly and NY for the 8th spot in the playoffs... the remaining games against them are crucial for the ties breaker spot.... even though, i against NY, theyll definately have the point difference against us.

the addition of wade tomorrow and the fact that we're done with our west coast road games is very encouraging!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I think the Knicks'll get it -- no particular reason, just that gut feeling. Is making the playoffs really what's best for the Heat though in your opinion? I think they (and about half of the east teams) could use a lottery pick a lot more than a one and done first round exit.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what u say makes a lotta sense, but i think its stupid to tank a season for some pingpong balls.

i wanna stay optimistic, but either way im happy, because if we dont make the playoffs, with that record we have a top 10 pick!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bostob is out of head coach, and toronto doesnt seelm to be gelling anymore... we can go as high as 6th spot.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
Oh yea, I'm not saying they should tank -- just that squeezing into the playoffs as the 8th seed probably isn't what'll be best for the team for next season.
That's true. Obviously try your hardest to make the P but it's still good if you don't make it.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
i'd like us to battle for the playoff spot this year and just miss it....we need some lottery chances and next year we'll be a for sure playoff team

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Like Caron said we need to be competitive but just miss the playoffs so we can get a BIG MAN!!!I doubt we even have a chance at landing Howard,Okafor or Pavel unless we get lucky in the lottery(like thats gonna happen:rolleyes:...)but we should have a shot at all of these guys!!!

Splitter
Seung-Jin
Varejao
Telfair
Biedrins

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!
Like Caron said we need to be competitive but just miss the playoffs so we can get a BIG MAN!!!I doubt we even have a chance at landing Howard,Okafor or Pavel unless we get lucky in the lottery(like thats gonna happen:rolleyes:...)but we should have a shot at all of these guys!!!

Splitter
Seung-Jin
Varejao
Telfair
Biedrins
what would we need Sebastian Telfair for? He's not going pro anyways b/c he is too little right now...

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Felton would be a good choice too he is the best PG in college.
We need a PG and a C.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
why do we need a pg if we are playing wade there?

Alston might not be bad there for a few years...

If we move jones out and wade to the 2 then i agree a pg is needed

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we are moving jones out... if not by the trade deadline, then in summer.
the problem is moving grant out!

riley is set on wade caron and odom at the 2, 3, 4 positions, and is looking for a C and a pg.

hepefully we can get an excellent defensive center or a pass first pg through freeagency , and sign swift in the offseason.

Swift
Odom
Butler
Wade
Alston (or 1st round pick) would be a terrific team.

im confident swift can become an

18ppg (50% fg) 9rebs 2.5blks guy. especially in the east.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
wouldn't the new expansion Charlotte Bobcats team pick either Eddie Jones or Brian Grant if the Heat made them available by not protecting them. They are definitely protecting Wade, Butler and Odom.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grant is a longshot... they dont need him, theyre probably getting okafor, howard, or pavel in the draft anyways.

in the other hand, EJ is a real possibility just because he was a star in charlotte, and they can afford his salary until their young stars emerge and become freeagents.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.