Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see for yourself, I let today's game and stat do the talk.
.....................................................................................................

Yeah yeah yeah......... Garnett has better overall stat than Duncun up to this point in this season, bla...bla...bla......
I ain't gonna argue with you, DUNCUN IS THE MAN PERIOD

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Ok, I'll take Duncan. He has 18 points and 15 rebounds....at the half!:eek:

Garnett is doing well with 11 points and 6 boards, but Duncan is on pace for a 30-30 game with 36 points and 30 rebounds.:D

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Its a touch choice, but you cant argue with Duncan's success.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
TD is the better player....although KG is arguably having a better season. Overall - I would still take TD.

Tonight's game(so far):

Garnett: 16 points(7-16 FG), 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks, 28 mins.

Duncan: 27 points(10-18 FG), 18 rebounds, 5 assists, 31 mins.

Spurs 59
T-wolves 61

2:25, 3rd qtr

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Its a touch choice, but you cant argue with Duncan's success.
I've got to go with the man with 2 rings. Say what you want to about Duncan's supporting cast but it's not like he's playing with Shaq or Kobe. He's had some nice players around him but no superstars. When he played with Robinson, David had clearly seen better days. He was still a damn good player but that was definately TD's team. Last year DRob was basically on the verge of extinction and Duncan led a bunch of youngsters to the title. Parker is a wildly inconsistent player who was benched throughout the Finals. Claxton was playing key minutes down the stretch for the Spurs. Manu did some great things but he had games where his was nowhere to be seen. Duncan was the only guy who brought it on a nightly basis. The man has 2 rings, 2 MVPs, and has been the second best big man in the league behind Shaq for several years now. Since Shaq is clearly declining I think most people have elevated Duncan to the #1 spot. I think I'll do it as well.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Garnett might have more skills but Duncan has some esential skills that are much better than Garnetts.

Duncan is again MVP in my opinion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far in the season, Duncun is my MVP pick. Clearly, it's an eazy choice, there anit comparison between these two, Duncun is the BEST. In fact, when you compare these two, I think it makes Garnett OVERRATED.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
this is just one game, it should not be a judge of how good you are based on how you did in one game. it just wasn't KG's night, duncan has had nights like that too it happens even to the best of them

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I've been saying this all along.

Duncan is the legitimate big man today... he is more dominant.

KG is a SF in a Center's body. He has "some" aspects of a SF, such as athletism and leap. Butn Duncan is so much better in fundamental skills its not funny. Its like second nature to Duncan playing basketball down the post... KG is still more flashy and he does fill up the stat line, but so can Duncan.

Duncan is more effective than KG in my opinion...

36 points 20 rebounds 7 assists

Against KG, who is supposed to be the quicker and more atheletic one. Duncan showed tonite how good he is playing the post and the paint.

KG's got a slightly more effective perimeter game however.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FlyingDragon</b>!
So far in the season, Duncun is my MVP pick. Clearly, it's an eazy choice, there anit comparison between these two, Duncun is the BEST. In fact, when you compare these two, I think it makes Garnett OVERRATED.
are you serious?? garnett is underratted if anything. but this is like compairing apples(the 2 best players in the game). to say duncan is mvp right now is stupid. look at what garnett is doing right now(leds league in double doubles!, 4th per game in scoring(24 a night) and he has 2 more players that can score.) to say duncan is better due to his stats tonight, which were impressive, is stupid, whos team won? kg still had 22 and 10 in the win. kg finally has help around him to make him a better player. garnett is the best player in the game, 24, 14 boards a game(which is first in the league) , and 5 assists a game. its a wonder to me why garnett is looking better now that he has proven scorers around him? duncan is a great player, but i woul much rather take KG!!!!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Cassell is absolutely playing like an All-Star and Latrell is playing very similar his old self...

Both players averaging great numbers... you have to give them credit for Minesota's success. If anything, Garnett can focus on rebounding and he has more people to pass to that can finish, so his assists and rebounds are obviously gonna be higher than in the past.

KG is without a doubt playing like a superstar should, but Duncan is carrying a team where he alone, is still the only all-star.

MVP voters will take that into account.

·
Registered
120 Posts
KG led his team alone last year, granted to a first round exit, but to a 4th seed. look at the casts:

duncan's: stephen jackson, claxton, robinson, parker, bownens, manu)
\kgs: (hudson, joe smith, peeler, trent, rasho, wally)

who has a better team and who has more of there old players returning? duncan is carrying his team this year, just like KG did last year, lets look at what duncan does in the playoffs due to it, and with the softest center in the league now(rasho)!

KG is MVP this year, and should have been last year, record and stats dont lie! duncan is a great player, just not a better player than KG!

·
Registered
184 Posts
to say duncan is better due to his stats tonight, which were impressive, is stupid, whos team won?
Both teams went back and forth all game until Cassel caught fire at the end. The 3 pointer from 3 ft behind the line was the dagger.

·
Registered
120 Posts
your right, back and forth, but who won? who is having a better year, KG or Duncan? the MVP question is a undoubtable KG right now! to say cuz duncan had 32 and 20 to garnetts 22-10 that duncan is a better player is stupid, thats the only thing i am trying to prove

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by <b>1 Penny</b>!
Cassell is absolutely playing like an All-Star and Latrell is playing very similar his old self...

Both players averaging great numbers... you have to give them credit for Minesota's success. If anything, Garnett can focus on rebounding and he has more people to pass to that can finish, so his assists and rebounds are obviously gonna be higher than in the past.

KG is without a doubt playing like a superstar should, but Duncan is carrying a team where he alone, is still the only all-star.

MVP voters will take that into account.
yes KG can do more rebounding and assists, but why are those stats around the same as there were last year and the only stat that is up is his scoring? he does have more scorers around him right now, and some of the teams weapons havent even played this year. kg has always been a 20-15-5 a night guy, but look at the stats, the only stat that is up is the scoring.. KG4MVP

·
Registered
184 Posts
You are right, to say Duncan is the MVP because of his statistics in one game is ignorant.

The MVP race is closer than you seem to think. Duncan had to carry this team the whole game(as well as most of the season), no one else stepped up. Garnett has a better supporting cast no doubt.

That being said, this year the MVP(TD or KG) should go to the player on the team that ends up with the better record at the end of the season.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
The stats from this game should show you the true MVP is. Duncan steps up for these big games, he lives for them. Garnett will perform his usual stuff and nothing more than that. This is what makes Duncan the greater player. We have all been waiting to watch this matchup and Duncan dominated Garnett this game.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts