1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Articles on Troy Hudson

Courtesy Star Tribune, today.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/5749661.html

A quick release. The dangerously flammable shooting touch. An occasionally galling lack of conscience in his shot selection. And a seat on the bench at tipoff.

A short inventory reveals that Timberwolves guard Troy Hudson has most of the makings of an NBA Sixth Man award candidate.
Good article on Huddy. Here's to hoping he can keep this up until the end of season. :clap:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: Troy Hudson

Troy Hudson has been amazing this season. If he can keep this up (and hopefully he will) then we will be a good ball club. Troy Hudson and Eddie Griffin both give us depth to our bench, which has been lacking support for quite a while.

Troy has always been a good shooter, but something was obviously wrong with him last season (and the season before). I remember Troy once scored 20 some points in one quarter against the Spurs a few years back...if he can still do that kind of damage especially from the bench...I will be a happy man.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
I think the difference this season for him is his shot selection and leadership. This is what is allowing to play so well this season.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
yea hes improved his shot selectiong this year, before he was just jacking up 3s but this year hes not taking near as many, and along with his shot selection he has improved his defense to being reasonable now

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
moss_is_1 said:
before he was just jacking up 3s but this year hes not taking near as many
Actually his 3-point attempts per minute is the highest in his career, and his 3-point attempts per game is just slightly less than in 02-03 (his highest). The difference is that even though he's shooting more, most of the time they're good shots. Alot of times it's on a kick out where he's wide open, and that has alot to do with him shooting it this good. Like sheefo said, his shot selection has improved alot.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
yeah thats what i was meaning, he would just shoot 3s before, chucking them, while being guarded now he shoots open 3s and looks to pass more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts