Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Minnesota Timberwolves are close to signing Rodney Rogers of the Boston Celtics to a 1 year, $4.7 million contract. This could help the Timberwolves a lot, they can have a starting power foward that works hard. The Nets are also looking at him, but are not offering him that much money, a 1 year, $2.8 million dollar contract.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...389p-9792c.html

Lineup:
PG-Terrell Brandon/Marcus Taylor/Igor Rakocevic
SG-Wally Szczerbiak/Anthony Peeler
SF-Kevin Garnett/Maurice Evans
PF-Rodney Rogers/Joe Smith
C-Rasho Nesterovic/Marc Jackson/Loren Woods

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Rogers I think would help a lot for the TWolves. He's a scoring threat, and he would be playing alongside Garnett. He's not a great rebounder, but Garnett is. Also, if the TWolves wanted to bump Garnett up to PF for some reason, Rogers could go down to SF.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly, garnett and rogers are a triple threat, they can play sf,pf, and they could play center if they wanted them to.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rogers in the west would get smoked at C or maybe even PF...Twolves should place KG at pf, and Rogers at sf.

Lineup:
PG-Terrell Brandon/Marcus Taylor/Igor Rakocevic
SG-Wally Szczerbiak/Anthony Peeler
SF-Rodney Rogers/Maurice Evans
PF-Kevin Garnett/Joe Smith
C-Rasho Nesterovic/Marc Jackson/Loren Woods

·
Registered
221 Posts
I heard he was signing with the Nets.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
The Nets are offering a 2 year 2.0-2.7M contract, while McHale wants to help the Celtics any way he can, and is trying to get Rodney away from the Atlantic.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
He might after all sign with the Nets. However, I think he will be a great addition to the wolves. He would give them another outside shooter and a veteran to help lead the team. The reason KG doesnt play the 4 is because he is not as built(size wise) as some of the other players at that position. He gets banged around more when he plays the 4. I dont think Rogers could play the 3 because he isnt quick enough to guard most 3's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Too bad- the Twolves are not doing to good and they can't get anybody to come to them

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!
No more attacking posters please. Thanks- Devestata.
he was attacking me, i was defending myself

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Well, in any case lets stop the attacking guys! I was told by another moderator that you two live on the same block...be nice to each other!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anymore please take to PM's. Thanks- Devestata.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Hey riddler...I love your signature!:laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts