Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think will win?

Personally, I'd say both have a 50-50 chance.

Rockets: With the way they're playing now, they stand a chance against probably the best team in the west. Yao has got the message from JVG, and the franchise is now playing good team basketball. Mobley and Jackson and knocking down 3's, but the PF position is probably a weak area as Cato is probably not going to play. Mo Taylor will provide more offense but up against KG I think a miracle will be needed for Mo to be able to contain KG at both ends of the court.

Timberwolves: Well, what can I say. KG, Cassell, Sprewell. Good team, good offense, good defense. It will really have to be decided upon how well the Rockets will play.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>McW</b>!
Who do you think will win?

Timberwolves: Well, what can I say. KG, Cassell, Sprewell. Good team, good offense, good defense. It will really have to be decided upon how well the Rockets will play.
I'm going to have to go with the T-Wolves. They are too good. I still dont think the Rockets got the message yet.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Big game for the Rockets... the Wolves are the hottest team in the league and have multidimensional star power. KG cannot be stopped, but he can be controlled. In games like this we could really use Adrian Griffin on Sprewell but Jim Jackson has been doing a great job as of late. Hopefully he can keep hitting those treys. Francis vs Cassell, that will be a great matchup, Francis should use his athleticism to wear out Cassell.

Cato will have his hands full in the paint, must make sure he doesn't get into foul trouble.

The key to winning... and there is only one, Yao needs to be aggressive in the paint. In the last two games he has got some great positioning in the post, and once he does that it is all about interior passing and entry passes. If Yao has the ball in the paint, chances are it's a basket. The problem lies when he gets pushed around 10-12 ft from the basket. This will keep the double team coming, and Mobley/Jackson have been hitting the three all week long. And when Yao has a good game, the rest of the team steps up their play. Taylor and Cato's passing has really helped this visionless Rocket team and at times during the last 2 games they have looked like WC contenders.

Also, Nachbar has now taken Pike's place in the guard rotation. Piatkowski has been in a bit of a slump and Gumby is really impressed with Boki's defense. If he can hold onto the ball when he slashes to the basket it will be a great addition to the guard rotation for the Rockets.

Not sure how soon Gumby will try the combo of MJackson at the 1 and Stevie at the 2, he may wait until our next game to give that duo serious minutes on the floor together.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I just saw hilights of the game, and match-up at C was quite funny... Yao v.s. Big O, the tallest v.s. the widest :laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol wow another big game for Yao. 22 pts, 15 boards and 2 blks. The Rockets held the wolves to a franchise low.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
KG: 43 minutes, 6 of 20 shots and 7 rebounds.

Wolves coach is the best in the league. Twolves are not a good team, but they won a lot of games.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts