1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Psh. You don't belong in NBA K4L. I still like AR. Like to see the Suns take a shot at either.

I think they almost traded Beasley this past yr to LAL but fell apart. I guess they just wanted wash their hands, not have to try to find the right deal.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Psh. You don't belong in NBA K4L. I still like AR. Like to see the Suns take a shot at either.

I think they almost traded Beasley this past yr to LAL but fell apart. I guess they just wanted wash their hands, not have to try to find the right deal.
But if you trade him even for a future 2nd, isn't that better than nothing?

They have a whole summer to find a deal that works for them.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
True. Though, teams with cap have to be interested. Also, depends on what their plan is. They seem heavily interested in making a move whether through trade or FA. Can't if they have QO's tying em up, especially if they want to right away. Off chance they get stuck with them.

They do retain the right for sign/trade though I think.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
True. Though, teams with cap have to be interested. Also, depends on what their plan is. They seem heavily interested in making a move whether through trade or FA. Can't if they have QO's tying em up, especially if they want to right away. Off chance they get stuck with them.

They do retain the right for sign/trade though I think.
Yep. They can sign and trade. That usually happens with max type players though for the most part.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I would bet Beasley scares most GM's. I would look at that guy and think that he might cost me my job if I made too big of a commitment to him. It's true that he can score at a decent efficiency, but he doesn't help you much anywhere else and he does a lot of harm as well. That's not the sort of guy I'd want to be my career on. If you paid him something really reasonable on a short term deal, maybe take a shot at him. He probably needs to go to some really shitty team and jack up shots like Doug Moe was coaching.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I would bet Beasley scares most GM's. I would look at that guy and think that he might cost me my job if I made too big of a commitment to him. It's true that he can score at a decent efficiency, but he doesn't help you much anywhere else and he does a lot of harm as well. That's not the sort of guy I'd want to be my career on. If you paid him something really reasonable on a short term deal, maybe take a shot at him. He probably needs to go to some really shitty team and jack up shots like Doug Moe was coaching.
If I'm the Lakers or some established team with a alpha superstar I take a shot on him. If I'm the Pacers or 6ers I laugh and tell his agent to go **** himself if he calls.

Beasley is where he's at because he has the attitude that he was a superstar before he came into the league. Hes a child.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I also still like Randolph. I remember him going crazy when Kevin Love got injured year before last. Would love for Mavs to bring him in as a backup big.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Anthony Randolph ****ing sucks.

Beasley's style does not lend itself to winning basketball at this point, but like R-Star said, if he gets put into a stable situation with a real pecking order I could see him being decent down the line. That's a pretty big if though.

Remember when people thought he should've been number one over Rose? I'm not some amazing scout of college ball players, but that one was an easy call. Never put much stock into a high scorer in college that doesn't play D or have a real NBA position. Ever.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
If the C's hadn't just drafted Sullinger I wouldn't mind them taking a flier on him. Pierce, KG, and Doc should be able to keep him relatively sane and they can always use anther guy who can score points, playing with Rondo would be huge for him.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Anthony Randolph ****ing sucks.

Beasley's style does not lend itself to winning basketball at this point, but like R-Star said, if he gets put into a stable situation with a real pecking order I could see him being decent down the line. That's a pretty big if though.

Remember when people thought he should've been number one over Rose? I'm not some amazing scout of college ball players, but that one was an easy call. Never put much stock into a high scorer in college that doesn't play D or have a real NBA position. Ever.
I used to argue with a lot of the Heat fans on here. Beasley was a true superstar in the making. I said he was a spoiled brat who was too immature to realize his potential.

One of the rare occasions where I was correct when looking back years later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts