Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say that someone was to start a new website focusing on MAAC basketball. The site would offer things you couldn't get anywhere else (regularly), such as Q&A with coaches/players/administrators/media, offbeat features, original commentary, and guest submissions. Would you pay money to subscribe to such a site? How much would you pay?

All feedback is welcome.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
GuyF said:
Let's say that someone was to start a new website focusing on MAAC basketball. The site would offer things you couldn't get anywhere else (regularly), such as Q&A with coaches/players/administrators/media, offbeat features, original commentary, and guest submissions. Would you pay money to subscribe to such a site? How much would you pay?

All feedback is welcome.
Sounds like a nice idea, but no, i would not pay.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
GuyF said:

All feedback is welcome.
No.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, a follow-up question: assuming the site is free, would you visit it every day (knowing that new content would be up every day), or just the days that you know something of interest to you specifically (ie, about your school of choice) has been added?

·
Registered
339 Posts
GuyF said:
OK, a follow-up question: assuming the site is free, would you visit it every day (knowing that new content would be up every day), or just the days that you know something of interest to you specifically (ie, about your school of choice) has been added?
i'd probably take a look everyday. why not.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
no,

Not enough info and I get what I need on my school on my own and get enough info from here on the other schools. I also feel it would be tough to get the other info of value from coaches or administrators

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, regarding paying, I think it comes with the specialization. Of course we don't "want" to pay, yet many of us pay for one or more of the recruiting sites because we can't get the info anywhere else. That's why I worded the original question the way I did.

Let's say the site is up and running a month from now. Let's say you're a Manhattan fan and you know that in the coming month there would be a 1-on-1 Q&A session with Gonzo where he would be asked to describe what the hell went on with the SHU interviewing process, a feature on how Devon Austin does volunteer work at White Plains Hospital (I doubt he does; just citing an example) when he's not playing his summer ball at XYZ, and a 1-on-1 interview with CJ Anderson about how hard it was to go through last season, how he's changed his approach to academics, and what his thoughts were on Gonzo potentially leaving. Wouldn't you consider that kind of thing worth a few bucks a month?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
GuyF said:
Oh, regarding paying, I think it comes with the specialization. Of course we don't "want" to pay, yet many of us pay for one or more of the recruiting sites because we can't get the info anywhere else. That's why I worded the original question the way I did.

Let's say the site is up and running a month from now. Let's say you're a Manhattan fan and you know that in the coming month there would be a 1-on-1 Q&A session with Gonzo where he would be asked to describe what the hell went on with the SHU interviewing process, a feature on how Devon Austin does volunteer work at White Plains Hospital (I doubt he does; just citing an example) when he's not playing his summer ball at XYZ, and a 1-on-1 interview with CJ Anderson about how hard it was to go through last season, how he's changed his approach to academics, and what his thoughts were on Gonzo potentially leaving. Wouldn't you consider that kind of thing worth a few bucks a month?

Your not going to be able to get that kind of insight nor will any coach answer your proposed line of questioning

But if you can get a one on one interview with Ruland and ask him about D1 scheduling I will sign up for a year.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Two things:

1. Why don't you think it's plausible for people to answer those questions? It's positive publicity. Who said anything negative would be written? If Gonzo doesn't get the SHU job, the blame falls on SHU for being stupid, not Gonzo.

2. Who said this was me?

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beagle said:
But if you can get a one on one interview with Ruland and ask him about D1 scheduling I will sign up for a year.
Ruland's already responded to this multiple times in the media. Again, this is what I mean when I say that the site would provide content not available anywhere else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would most likely check it at least 3 or 4 times per week. However, as a BBall 'mom' on this board, I would really be cautious about the mechanisms of interaction especially if the players are going to be encouraged to 'check in' or be a 'part of the program'.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
GuyF said:
Ruland's already responded to this multiple times in the media. Again, this is what I mean when I say that the site would provide content not available anywhere else.

Yes, but was looking for something other then the nitwit response. :clown: :cheers:

Guy you know coaches, they will only give you the "company line" in an interview.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it would all depend on how much info is there, and how often it is updated. I would not pay a dime on day one, but I would likely check it regularly. And if it comes through with the level and frequency of content that you promise, I would pay $15-$20 annually for it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
GuyF said:

Guy, I definitely go to the site at least daily and probably would be willing to pay $35 annually.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.